“Great ice cream”
Review of Willy Waller's

Willy Waller's
Ranked #5 of 5 Dessert in St Ives
Reviewed 10 August 2013 via mobile

Lovely different flavours, we enjoyed trying different ones, and always used this place on our hols. Do think they could do with extra staff though.

Reviewed 2 August 2013

The ice cream variety is great, really unique. The spinner to help you choose is also a nice addition but have to agree the service is just meh. Perfectly fine and don't let it put you off just the service isn't notable

Penzance_Owner, Owner at Willy Waller's, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2013

Thank you for your review.

Reviewed 28 July 2013

Really enjoyed the ice cream served here, personal favourite was the Turkish Delight,

Really nice location and the price is not too bad for what you get, certainly i have paid more for less quality!

The staff did not seem too happy, but then again neither would i sat working on a day like the day i visited. They were polite and friendly which is all you can really hope for.

1  Thank Ian_Lincoln1986

Thank you!

Reviewed 8 June 2013 via mobile

Mr Will Waller is a genius ice cream maker. Not only has he made cream tea ice cream but the ferrero rocher ice cream which is quite simply fabulous. Open till late in case you need a late night fix. Be ready to guard your ice cream from the sea gulls outside.

2  Thank feline_dot

Thank you!!

Reviewed 1 April 2013

I love Willy Wallers ice cream and make sure when I visit my father that I make a trip to sample the delights! The orange and marscapone is delicious!!! I have always found the staff at the Penzance shop to be polite, friendly and cheerful in sharp contrast to the staff at the St Ives shop. The latest visit to the St Ives shop was on Easter Saturday. Granted it was busy but this does not excuse poor customer service. We were served by a young girl who hardly spoke, never smiled and seemed terribly annoyed that we were bothering her to buy something. I spent £15 which is a decent amount on ice cream. The older gentlemen was equally as rude to his customers. When we were outside there was a number of people saying 'they look like they enjoy their jobs'
Note to Willy Wallers management: staff shoud be smiling and conversing with your customers. That's all it takes to build a relationship, ensure return visits and word of mouth recommendations.

2  Thank jonseyjames

Thank you for your review, and sorry for your poor experience. As the owner/manager of the Penzance shop, can I explain that myself and my partner are independent from the St.Ives parlour, despite sharing the same name and great ice cream.
I would be shocked to hear this about my business and staff conduct, and I sincerely hope that these trip advisor reviews do not affect my small seasonal business.
Regards.