“Fun Times”

St Ives Bay Rib Boat Rides - Tours
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Owner description: We offer thrilling & exciting rides around st Ives bay & beaches on our 2012 8.5mtr rib boat twin engined 280 horsepower,we can carry 1-12 passengers + 2 crew with prices starting from only £7 each,we often see dolphins, seals, sun fish, basking sharks & various other wildlife whilst out on our trips great fun for the whole family.
Reviewed 8 July 2013

I wanted to experience the sea without getting soaked and bored. The rib ride was perfect. While I could have gone on ordinary boat trips, I chose something different and more exciting. A bit more risky too. Risky because it was more dangerous than a normal boat trip because rib boats go faster, its speed sends the entire boat flying actually. Considering the risk, they do not ask you to sign any waiver of some sort, nor do they take the passengers details (for if something went wrong) It was a 20 minute ride on a rib boat around the beaches of St Ives. We were given safety jackets before the ride, the controller was on the back and 3 more staff ( I suppose they were meant to be the life guards should something happen) in the front seat. Plus 7 passengers. The first few minutes were heart stopping, and I mean it, I though I was gonna fall off the boat, but it just took getting used to. It was an awesome ride. I guess the £15 charge is fair enough as they were the only ones offering a rib ride. I wasn't able to take photos, I did took a video near the end of the ride but I don't think Trip Advisor uploads videos. I would definitely recommend this activity to thrill seekers and even the laid back tourists.

4  Thank ztripperz