“Nice food”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Dinner
Dining options: Dinner
Reviewed 21 July 2014 via mobile

We called in one evening and had a very nice meal at a reasonable cost. The place needs an update though, it is clean but dated.

Reviewed 20 July 2014

To be completely honest we tried this restaurant purely because we forgot to book a meal and everywhere was full so we thought we'd give it a try...

On first impression we were a bit unsure as it was very quiet but we sat down and ordered.

The portions were huge and the food was good, we also went for the lemon pie which again was massive.

Overall a good chip shop style meal at reasonable cost.
The view is fabulous and the venue does have huge potential

If the restaurant were mine I'd put down a wood floor, replace the tables and chairs, nicer table coverings and the atmosphere would improve completely.

Reviewed 17 July 2014

We have been visiting St Ives for the last 15 years and have always visited the Kingfisher each time, the original staff were fantastic very friendly and chatty not like the staff running the retraining now.

However last year when we went we put it down to a off day when my husbands cream tea was taken away half way through him eating this by a sullen waitress, but this year again The Fish and Chips were terrible mine was tasteless and my fathers was not cooked In the middle.
The staff are not welcoming or friendly we observed 1 waitress trying to sit a group of 3 people with a lady who was already eating at a table alone, the waitress was not to happy when they declined
We won't be visiting again which after 15 years of going is a shame.

2  Thank cornwalldreamer56
Reviewed 16 July 2014

If you want to eat great fish and chips in a down to earth setting then this is the place. The fish and chips are great and well cooked, not badly priced for the location. There is fabulous view across St Ives harbour.
The only reason I have not given Kingfishers 5 is I think the staff could have been more welcoming. I think I might try other places before I return...one where the staff care if return ...otherwise as I say fish and chips good. Not good if you have a small family though as there is a large flight of stairs to the entrance.

1  Thank holidaygoogler
Reviewed 7 July 2014

We had a very nice Cornish cream tea today. Sat overlooking the harbour. Lovely views. Service very good too. Restaurant and toilets lovely and clean which is always a good sign of a good restaurant. The coffee was also very good indeed.