“Awful”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Dinner
Dining options: Dinner
Reviewed 30 July 2014 via mobile

Chips are shockingly bad.
Fish was ok.
£1.80 for a glass of coke poured from a can is a rip off.

The best thing about this place is the pictures on the wall and the view of the harbour.
If you are going for a walk in Wharf Road carry on walking past this place.
Very cheap looking with tacky tables and chairs, also not very clean.

3  Thank TW3Bee

Reviewed 23 July 2014

Nice restaurant with fantastic views overlooking the harbour beach.

My daughter had a huge plate of nuggets and chips, which she told me were delicious..the chips were really crispy and not all soggy, which I prefer. I just had a cream tea which was nice, got three cups of tea from the pot and a couple of scones with jam and clotted cream.

We were served by a sweet lady and we didn't have to wait long for our food. Decor could be a bit more interesting but to be honest, on a hot sunny day like this I was looking at the stunning view of the harbour from the window!

Reviewed 21 July 2014 via mobile

We called in one evening and had a very nice meal at a reasonable cost. The place needs an update though, it is clean but dated.

Reviewed 20 July 2014

To be completely honest we tried this restaurant purely because we forgot to book a meal and everywhere was full so we thought we'd give it a try...

On first impression we were a bit unsure as it was very quiet but we sat down and ordered.

The portions were huge and the food was good, we also went for the lemon pie which again was massive.

Overall a good chip shop style meal at reasonable cost.
The view is fabulous and the venue does have huge potential

If the restaurant were mine I'd put down a wood floor, replace the tables and chairs, nicer table coverings and the atmosphere would improve completely.

Reviewed 17 July 2014

We have been visiting St Ives for the last 15 years and have always visited the Kingfisher each time, the original staff were fantastic very friendly and chatty not like the staff running the retraining now.

However last year when we went we put it down to a off day when my husbands cream tea was taken away half way through him eating this by a sullen waitress, but this year again The Fish and Chips were terrible mine was tasteless and my fathers was not cooked In the middle.
The staff are not welcoming or friendly we observed 1 waitress trying to sit a group of 3 people with a lady who was already eating at a table alone, the waitress was not to happy when they declined
We won't be visiting again which after 15 years of going is a shame.

2  Thank cornwalldreamer56