“My sort of place ...”

Ranked #5 of 9 Coffee & Tea in St Ives
London, United Kingdom
“My sort of place ...”
Reviewed 11 September 2013 via mobile

Huge mugs to hug, great coffee, out of the crowds, hippy dippy feel. Fab for a cheeky toastie or cake and for chilling a bit..My sort of place!

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank SW20Foodie

Manchester, United Kingdom
“Lovely, friendly place off the beaten track”
Reviewed 12 August 2013

Often pop into this cafe when in town. The owners are always friendly and accommodating. Great coffee and well presented cakes and sandwiches. Nice relaxed feel and you never feel rushed to leave.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank 14cazzauk4
Plymouth
“Not happy”
Reviewed 6 August 2013

Passed this café a couple of times so before we left, we thought we would pop in for a cream tea before the journey home. As it had been raining all morning we thought it would nice to sit outside on the deck area. On sitting on one of the wooden seats, it collapsed underneath me. Thankfully there were lots of friendly holiday makers on hand to give my husband a hand in getting me back on my feet. We asked for the manager and the accident book and a gentleman arrived and told me to write my details in a diary book (not an accident book). Since I have found out he was the owner, but he never apologised or asked me how I was. He merely said that someone from the local minor injuries unit had seen my accident and suggested I got checked out. He then went back behind the counter and continued to serve other customers. He never offered me a refund for the cream tea which I couldn't eat as I felt sick having hurt my back and banged my head. To say our overall impression of the management at this establishment was shocking would be an understatement. Cannot comment on the food because as I say, I felt too sick to eat it. Extremely disappointed that the male co-owner didn't have the common decency to even ask if I was okay. The chair was clearly rotten (I expect from having been left outside in the rain), something I realised after my fall, but it was quickly removed. May I seriously suggest to the owners of Café Art that you look at the remaining furniture at your establishment as my accident could have been much worse bearing in mind the seat legs were forced upwards and luckily avoiding impaling me and easily avoided.

Visited August 2013
3 Thank billbaileyPlymouth
Wychbold, United Kingdom
“Beautiful little cafe”
Reviewed 27 June 2013

on our visit to st ives we came accross this great little cafe on the corner with seating outside on a balcony.
we stopped and had a sandwich and a coffee, very clean and tidy and nice food, staff very plesant would reconmend

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank scottry
Dublin, Ireland
“Lovely tearoom”
Reviewed 18 April 2013

A very lovely cafe we went to for morning coffee. The staff are very nice. The atmosphere and good. The art work around makes it really nice. It's a real Bohemian feel to the place. Great.

Visited December 2012