“Ice cream is ruined forever for me!”
Review of Moomaid of Zennor

Moomaid of Zennor
Ranked #1 of 5 Dessert in St Ives
Cuisines: Cafe
Description: We are a small family business making ice cream and sorbet on our farm just 5 miles away. Fresh milk from our 100 cows, Rodda's cream and the finest ingredients are mixed by hand for a rich and luxurious ice cream. We love coming up with new, exotic flavours like Pina Colada and our famous Shipwreck ... We also serve freshly ground coffee and homemade cakes and cream teas plus our legendary sundaes - perfect to enjoy on our small terrace overlooking the harbour. Open year round, from 10 till late over summer. Also parlour on Porthtowan Beach.
Reviewed 2 June 2014

This has to be the best ice cream I have ever tasted and since I was only in St Ives for two days on business it has ruined chocolate ice cream for me forever. I was told by the staff at Tate St Ives to try their dark chocolate sorbet, which was unbelievable as it tasted like ice cream not a (healthy??) sorbet. I was greedy and had it with their passion fruit sorbet too which was to die for. I sat and watched the world of St Ives go by from their terrace. Just divine and don't miss out.

2  Thank PurpleKim1

Reviewed 29 May 2014 via mobile

What can I say, they know their ice cream! We had amazing sundaes and they were kind enough to let our dogs on the balcony. The place to go for ice cream, worth going to St Ives just for this.

Reviewed 24 May 2014 via mobile

I rarely agree with The Times but it really is the best ice cream in the UK in my opinion! Loved the vanilla and chocolate chip!

Reviewed 13 May 2014

There is no doubt this is the best Ice Cream in St Ives but i agree with a Times article that it could be the best in the UK. Really good selection of flavours and they also do tea and cakes.
Sitting on their sheltered balcony, people watching around the harbour, whilst eating a Afogato is one of my everyday habits when in St Ives

2  Thank 11BarnaloftStIves
Reviewed 1 May 2014

I called in with a friend for ice cream (seal salt caramel - delicious) and we ended up staying longer and ordering a pot of tea. Only one member of staff was working, but she was my idea of every employers dream. She was pleasant and smiley, attentive to customers (it was quite busy), but whenever she wasn't serving she kept herself busy with other tasks and was also very knowledgeable about the ice cream. Well done Dominique. (And no, we're not related - but I do teach an NVQ in Customer Service and she would definitely be awarded a Distinction!)

1  Thank Ann W