“Delicious ”

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We spent a long lunchtime here. Had crab salad (this was ok but on the small side & could have done with a bit more crab). Blackened sea break with gorgeous rice- extremely tasty & moreish. The rum cocktails were amazing. Staff friendly & place was clean. Steep steps to get up to so maybe not too good if you have mobility issues (or too many cocktails!!). Dig friendly. Views were brilliant. Would definitely go again.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,042)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Came here with the Mrs for some lunch and a few drinks. Was very very impressed! Food was brilliant and the drinks were really nice and strong! We had the sharer cocktail ‘Dead Man Walking’ (it does serve 12, but we were feeling ambitious!)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We were really looking forward to eating here but noted mixed reviews!!!! Had deep fried prawns to start prawn gumbo and husband had pulled pork mac and cheese!! Just without the pulled pork and replaced with bits of bacon .. the mac and cheese I think was cooked by the guy working the bar and not a real chef! The prawn Gumbo consisted of about 4 prawns the rice and peas tasted of a herb! I think oregano! Now I’m no master chef but seriously could have stayed at home saved myself a fortune and cooked it myself. As for the cocktails!!!! Yuk!!!! Save your money and eat somewhere else!!

1  Thank JohnsonsOnLocation
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We are a family of 4 in st ives with 2 young children (3 and 11 months). My parents are also holidaying here with us in separate accommodation and kindly offered to babysit one night for us so we could have a much needed couples night. We have looked at most restaurants in st ives trying to decide where to go and the rum and crab shack menu won hands down. We were super excited... when we got there we ordered our drinks but they didn’t have my usual type of gin and tonic, however the waitress was able to suggest an alternative which tasted great. I chose the jambalaya and my husband ordered crab claws with teriyaki sauce. When it was brought to our table we were absolutely gutted at the portion sizes. They were only slightly larger than what I would expect a starter to be. Really disappointed as the food tasted great but we left feeling hungry. We went to the balcony bar next door for a little something extra to eat (which tasted horrendous). We are not overweight or greedy people, just expect a normal portion size. If you’re ordering a starter, main and 2 or 3 sides then you will probably leave feeling full. Great food, we just wanted more of it.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Came here a late lunch and 241 cocktails which start at 3pm. I think food orders stop at 3pm. Opted for two sandwiches which were more like subs, both tasty. Good service from staff. Aluna Eclipse cocktails were amazing!