All reviewsplay barnpets cornerhome from homecream teafantastic staywarm welcomerussellcornwallcoastline
Reviewed 7 June 2015 via mobile

Have just spent a fantastic week in an Immaculate 3 Bed Barn Conversion at Trevalgan Farm near St Ives. The property easily catered for 6 Adults. It was a beautiful location with Bus access right outside the cottage or if you prefer coastal walks it takes about an hour until you reach St Ives. Stunning views !! Would certainly recommend and will return, thank you to Russell and Family.

Stayed: June 2015, travelled as a couple
MelanieTrevalgan, Owner at Trevalgan Holiday Farm, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2015

We're delighted you enjoyed your holiday. Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review and for your kind words. Enjoy the rest of the summer!

Reviewed 29 March 2015

The owners Russell and Melanie were really friendly and very accommodating. The 'Hayloft' we stayed in had great views, hills from the kitchen and bedrooms, and the sea from the living room! It was very clean and had all the amenities required to make the week a comfortable stay, including changing mat, high chair and travel cot for our little one.

It is in a great location, a 40 minute walk to St Ives across beautiful landscape, or a short car/bus ride. They also provided the use of a carry back pack for our little one too!

The farm itself has a games room (table tennis, pool, table football) as well as a little pets corner (goats, ducks, rabbits) and a barn which is a children's play area with loads of toys, books etc. There is also a farm shop selling local produce so no need to go to a big corporate chain of supermarkets, money can be spent supporting local produce!

We found that all major attractions were no more than an hours car journey away that we wanted to visit, so Trevalgan Holiday Farm provided the perfect base camp for us.

We would not hesitate in recommending this place to visitors it caters for all, and we do intend to return in future.

Thank you Russell and Melanie for making our stay in Cornwall a great one!

Stayed: March 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank Craig L

Thank you! We're so pleased you enjoyed your stay in the Hayloft and that you will recommend us to your family and friends. We hope to see you again. Have a good summer!

Reviewed 3 January 2015

If you are worried about the hustle and bustle of staying in St Ives then Trevalgan Holiday Farm is definitely for you. This little gem sits just off the Zennor road approx. 2 miles from St Ives. The location is idyllic for both families and couples. We stayed in the Hayloft which is a very well equipped 4 person apartment. The flat is very modern and most importantly during the winter - warm. This was a return visit for us so we already knew how well equipped the kitchen is allowing us to cut down on things we bring down with us which is a massive bonus for us. Crucially for me the Hayloft has great WIFI reception which allows everyone to keep their friends updated on Facebook whilst I can keep up to date with my emails (sad I know).

Mel and Russ (the owners) could not have done more for us if they tried and are always on hand to help you and please make sure you make a fuss of their 2 lovely dogs.

The play barn is simply wonderful for the very young and there is another games room for the older kids (inc parents).

Access to the costal paths are but a hop skip and jump away to Zennor and St Ives. The views along these paths are without doubt some of the most beautiful we have ever come across.

Do not hesitate on booking your stay at Trevalgan - you will not be disappointed. We have already booked for next Christmas.

• Stayed: December 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Martin H
Reviewed 14 October 2014 via mobile

I've been staying at Trevalgan for years ever since my Mum and Dad put a pin in a brochure for Cornwall and have been coming back pretty much every year since I was a little girl and I'm now pushing 30! :)

I cannot recommend this place enough! It's so idylic, picturesque, quiet and beautiful. I've always enjoyed my stays here, it's just like home from home.

I've pretty much stayed in every place at the farm and they are always clean and tidy. I just LOVE LOVE LOVE going to Trevalgan and the prices are reasonable. There's a lovely walk you can go on that starts at the farm and has some beautiful views along the way.

I also want to personally thank the owners Russell and Mel for being so kind in letting us borrow The Carthouse as I was staying at Trevalgan for the week of my wedding and it was so handy to have the space to use for the morning of the big day so that I could get ready.
They are absolutely lovely people.

I will definitely be back next year to stay at The Stable, as always, for our first anniversary treat.

Thank you again for a lush stay. I cannot thank you guys enough for all you have done and the bottle of champagne you left for us, it was such a lovely thought.

See you next year!!! :) xx

• Stayed: October 2014
1  Thank Jenni_Edwards
Reviewed 13 September 2014

We've just returned from staying at the Trevalgan Holiday Fram in the Hayloft. We had an amazing time with our 2-year-old. The owners Mel and Russell are friendly without being at all over-bearing, and the facilities for young ones are amazing. There are 2 little gardens with a wendy house, another small house to climb in and a slide. There are a couple of friendly goats, chickens, ducks and a bunny, as well as a large and very-well-equipped playbarn where we spent hours at a time with our daughter.

The Hayloft was clean, well-equipped and comfortable. The free wifi was reliable and fast.

There's an hourly bus service (£1.50 per adult, free for under-5s) from the holiday camp practically opposite the holiday farm to the centre of St Ives which runs hourly from June to mid-September.

We'll definitely be back again.

• Stayed: September 2014, travelled with family
MelanieTrevalgan, Owner at Trevalgan Holiday Farm, responded to this reviewResponded 15 September 2014

It's easy to start to feel a bit worn down at this stage of the season but reading your lovely review has just perked me up. Thank you so much for taking the time to post and we're delighted you enjoyed your stay.