“Far better places to eat in St Ives - nothing special”
Review of The Cook House St Ives - CLOSED

The Cook House St Ives
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 5 October 2013

One of my top annoyances is when something is off the menu and the waiting staff fail to mention this when giving you the menu. It is annoying to set your heart on something and then be told that item is off. It also wastes time as the customer has to find something else to eat. This happened in the Cook House. The replacement item ordered were called "Thai fish cakes". These were nearer to Co Tyrone than Thailand as they were largely constituted of potato and had probably had little contact with any seafood during their creation. The Thai crab egg noodles were very poor, very little crab in there and the only flavour in the noodles was of Thai sweet chilli sauce, come on guys it costs little to add fresh garlic and chilli to your meals. Very poor, there are far better places to eat in St Ives and I would give this crowded little place a swerve until it improves it's food offering.

2  Thank DrLawBath

Reviewed 25 September 2013 via mobile

Me..my wife. .my 9 year old son with autism and my mum visited on Wednesday 25th Sept and all had fish and chips amd my son had chicken and chips..nothing was too much trouble for the 2 lovely staff..would we visit again. .of course we will.

1  Thank Midlandsman56
Reviewed 19 September 2013

This small eatery is the best place me and my family have ate in, the decor is warm and the staff are so friendly. The food some is of the best weve tasted and the menu is very good a must if you visit the area a big 5 stars to the cook house

1  Thank cessbuller
Reviewed 17 September 2013

We went for lunch and asked for the harbour view upstairs rather than in the dark downstairs table offered. The tables seem a bit too crowded for comfort and we had to pull our chairs in uncomfortably to allow other guests to get to their seats. The staff were friendly and the service was quick (it wasn't very full) but they were a bit too pushy about drinks for me. The food was ok and the mussels on the luchtime special were reasonably priced. I don't think it's a restaurant for a special occasion.

Reviewed 13 September 2013 via mobile

Went for a day to St Ives and called here for a quick lunch. We were very pleased with our choices from the menu. The food was beautifully cooked and delicious. I had the mussels and my husband the fish and chips. We would recommend our choices. Portion sizes were small but excellent for lunch. Staff were extremely helpful and the environment scrupulously clean.