We were a little apprehensive at visiting the holiday park after reading the reviews but in fact my partner and I were pleasantly surprised with the standard of accommodation, the staff and the location in general. For what we paid for a weeks holiday in what I would consider a expensive area of the country especially if we stayed in central st ives it was value for money. When we arrived the lady at reception was very friendly welcoming and professional. The chalet did smell a bit damp when we entered it but no worse than self catering cottages we have visited in the past. After opening the windows it wasn't a problem. Further to previous reviews if you are in a woodland I would expect leaves on the ground and also a certain amount of humidity as your under a tree canopy.. There was no (human) litter about the park and roadways were clean. It was especially nice to have parking close to the chalet. We visited the club on a few evenings and found the bar staff friendly and the drinks reasonably priced. Whilst we only stayed for an hour or two in the evening we could see the dedication of the entertainments team to helping holiday makers have fun. If we had children I think they would especially enjoy the entertainment after the bingo. All the entertainment was light hearted and good British fun. The chalet was clean and the bed comfortable. The site shop was well stocked with essential items and were reasonably and fairly priced. The location necessitates using either public transport or driving as there's not much in walking distance. But you can get the bus on site if required. However it is a good location if your driving as its close to the A30 which will take you to most popular attractions. We enjoyed our holiday for what we paid I consider it to be value for money and furthermore if I were to holiday in that area again I would seriously consider returning. I would also look at John Fowler Holiday Parks in other areas of the country if I was considering another British holiday.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our St Ives Holiday Village is set in over a hundred acres of woodland, making the whole park a gorgeous, relaxing place. As for facilities, St Ives Holiday Village has everything you could want during a Cornwall holiday. You won’t have to worry about the kids getting bored with our games room, featuring a pool table and all the latest video games. We also have a children’s play area just for kids, and you can let them swim in our large indoor heated pool without worry as we always have life guards on duty.In the evenings, you’re welcome to enjoy the nightly entertainment we offer at The Rafters Club, our very own club where we put on dancing, discos, competitions and more! You can also order you and your family some pub grub or get a takeaway. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com and PitchUp so you can book your St. Ives Holiday Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- St. Ives Holiday Village Hotel St Ives
- St. Ives Holiday Village St Ives, Cornwall