We have just got home from 2 wks at St Ives Holiday Village, we loved it, so much so we have already booked to return next year. Our Oakleigh Silver Chalet was GR8 compact yes, very little storage/wardrobe space, a tiny bath with shower over, but spotlessly clean. We booked this in January 2013 largely because we have 2 dogs only little bichon frise's but we do like to take them on nice walks & this location was perfect for us. We met lots of people also dog owners, who go back year after year to this location, and in all honesty we can see why. We loved the wooded setting, watching the foxes, owls & hedgehogs at night, the numerous different birds during the day & the pretty bunny rabbits in the evenings, it was heaven for us, we could happily live there & we would if not for uprooting our whole family, because we couldn't go without them. Everyone we met was friendly & spoke which was lovely. The chalets are on the small side, but there are only the 2 of us & the doggies so it suited us perfectly. Larger one's are available for families, but not dogs sadly. We visited Porthkidney Sands on numerous occasions to let our dogs have a good run, accessed from the road at the side of the Badger PH drive up to the church & park for free, its a bit of a trek & not suitable for elderly or disabled but well worth the walk, we met 2/3 other dog owners there, again very friendly, the scenery is beautiful. You can park at Lelant Station for £2.50 for 24 hrs & pay £4 return fair to St Ives, dogs on leads only but very welcome, and again the scenery from the train is heaven on earth. Cornwall is truly dog friendly, restaurants/cafes, shops too, the rest of this country in particular seaside resorts could learn a lot from Cornwall's welcoming attitude, yes we loved it, yes, we're returning, and yes we highly recommend it especially to nature & dog lovers, everything you could possibly desire or want is close at hand, we are indeed very happy with our stay at SIHV :-) very happy indeed
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our St Ives Holiday Village is set in over a hundred acres of woodland, making the whole park a gorgeous, relaxing place. As for facilities, St Ives Holiday Village has everything you could want during a Cornwall holiday. You won’t have to worry about the kids getting bored with our games room, featuring a pool table and all the latest video games. We also have a children’s play area just for kids, and you can let them swim in our large indoor heated pool without worry as we always have life guards on duty.In the evenings, you’re welcome to enjoy the nightly entertainment we offer at The Rafters Club, our very own club where we put on dancing, discos, competitions and more! You can also order you and your family some pub grub or get a takeaway. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers and PitchUp so you can book your St. Ives Holiday Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- St. Ives Holiday Village Hotel St Ives
- St. Ives Holiday Village St Ives, Cornwall