We were worried before our arrival after reading numerous reviews on this site but after emailing john fowler holidays we kept an open mind .
Check in..great , nice greeting and full info pack on the local attractions and what was available on site.
Arriving at chalet....chalet parking numbers overgrown on trees and could not find chalet for 10 mins , parking areas not very well marked and not lit at all, path to chalet was covered in wet leaves and very slipperry on a downhill slope ( chalet 193 , fyi john fowler ) .
Entering chalet....very strong smell of damp and lots of condensation on windows , but after putting the heaters on this soon altered ( anywhere that is not used for a while in the middle of the woods is going to feel damp ) it would of been nice that chalets that were booked out were, warmed up for arriving guests ( hint,hint , john fowler ).
Entertainment ....brilliant (for kids ) , we have 2 boys aged 8 and 2 who loved every night , great team who certainly keep the kids happy.....not so good for the adults..mediocre acts for 3 nights( maybe the wrong time of year for decent acts to be paid ) and mainly based on keeping adults happy with bingo , dont waste your money on the little extras that are sold or offered for big prizes , because they never appear ( poundshop prizes ).
Food....menu's were on the table on the first night on the table's advertising bar snacks , take away and sit in food , however as we discovered to our great disappointment the kitchen is franchised..be warned ..this is what happened to us......we ordered food to take away on our first night , it was ok , on the sunday night it was announced that the kitchen was closing early (10pm) it is advertised that food is available until 11pm, on Monday we went to order food at 10.10pm to take away only to be told that the kitchen had shut at 9.30pm, this is when the barman notified us that the kitchen was nothing to do with them ( while flicking through the tv channels to find the football scores ) it is a franchise. I complained the next morning to the Duty Manager????
I made sure everyday after that with the kitchen that we were notified of what time it was going to close because the last thing you want to do is cook in a chalet in that condition.
We did not see any sign of major improvements being made to the site , even the basics of clearing paths ect took 5 days , and dont even bother with the pool , no room to change in the changing room , no lockers and no hot water in pool showers.
Entertainment crew and barstaff ....10/10
Management, maintenance and kitchen take a good look at yourself and think , am I in the right job.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our St Ives Holiday Village is set in over a hundred acres of woodland, making the whole park a gorgeous, relaxing place. As for facilities, St Ives Holiday Village has everything you could want during a Cornwall holiday. You won’t have to worry about the kids getting bored with our games room, featuring a pool table and all the latest video games. We also have a children’s play area just for kids, and you can let them swim in our large indoor heated pool without worry as we always have life guards on duty.In the evenings, you’re welcome to enjoy the nightly entertainment we offer at The Rafters Club, our very own club where we put on dancing, discos, competitions and more! You can also order you and your family some pub grub or get a takeaway. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda and PitchUp so you can book your St. Ives Holiday Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- St. Ives Holiday Village Hotel St Ives
- St. Ives Holiday Village St Ives, Cornwall