We stayed at St Ives Holiday Village towards the end of May for a week. It cost us less than £50 thanks to the Sun!
Much like one of the previous reviews I had read what has been said on here and was concerned. I too had read the reviews after booking my stay.
We stayed in one of the gold chalets and it looked as if it had just been rennovated. The oven and microwave looked brand new. The shower was decent and there was no problem with the pressure of the water or temperature. If you have space to take your own bed linen then do so as the linen provided for £16 was not worth anything!
Our main gripe about the place was the opening hours of the things on site. The swimming pool was only open for a couple of hours in the morning and a few in the afternoon. This wouldn't be so bad but the staff were often late in opening.
Also, the shop didn't open 'til 8 so you can forget the early morning paper!
There is so much to do in the surrounding area and so we only really spent evenings in the chalet (we have small children.) Therefore the holiday village was more than suitable for what we needed.
I disagree with the comment about the bad lager - I found the Carlsberg Export more than adequate!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our St Ives Holiday Village is set in over a hundred acres of woodland, making the whole park a gorgeous, relaxing place. As for facilities, St Ives Holiday Village has everything you could want during a Cornwall holiday. You won’t have to worry about the kids getting bored with our games room, featuring a pool table and all the latest video games. We also have a children’s play area just for kids, and you can let them swim in our large indoor heated pool without worry as we always have life guards on duty.In the evenings, you’re welcome to enjoy the nightly entertainment we offer at The Rafters Club, our very own club where we put on dancing, discos, competitions and more! You can also order you and your family some pub grub or get a takeaway. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com and PitchUp so you can book your St. Ives Holiday Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- St. Ives Holiday Village Hotel St Ives
- St. Ives Holiday Village St Ives, Cornwall