“Not bad for the price!”

Ranked #19 of 21 Hotels in St Ives
Norwich
“Not bad for the price!”
Reviewed 5 June 2007

We stayed at St Ives Holiday Village towards the end of May for a week. It cost us less than £50 thanks to the Sun!

Much like one of the previous reviews I had read what has been said on here and was concerned. I too had read the reviews after booking my stay.

We stayed in one of the gold chalets and it looked as if it had just been rennovated. The oven and microwave looked brand new. The shower was decent and there was no problem with the pressure of the water or temperature. If you have space to take your own bed linen then do so as the linen provided for £16 was not worth anything!

Our main gripe about the place was the opening hours of the things on site. The swimming pool was only open for a couple of hours in the morning and a few in the afternoon. This wouldn't be so bad but the staff were often late in opening.

Also, the shop didn't open 'til 8 so you can forget the early morning paper!

There is so much to do in the surrounding area and so we only really spent evenings in the chalet (we have small children.) Therefore the holiday village was more than suitable for what we needed.

I disagree with the comment about the bad lager - I found the Carlsberg Export more than adequate!

• Liked — Location, nice woodland setting
  • Disliked — Short opening hours of amenities
  • Stayed May 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
4 Thank kjharve

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (179)
  • Greek first
Dudley
Reviewed 4 May 2007

I didn't read the reviews of this place on Trip Advisor until AFTER I had booked the 4 day Easter break, and what I read sent me into a state of panic!

We had booked a Trevacroft Silver chalet and I was really not looging forward to it as I was expecting it to be a dump.

However..

This place is not bad at all, it's not the Ritz, but what do you expect when you pay £180 for 2 adults 2 kids and a dog?

The end terrace chalet (See pic) was brick built with a tiled roof. It was compact but clean and comfortable and had obviously been recently refitted (I think we were the first ones to use the oven!) and we were located right by the woodland walk which was great for the dog. Right outside the chalet was a small wooded area where the kids spent most of the time when we were in the park, and they loved it.

The entertainment on site is mainly for the children, but they do have bingo and adult entertainment from 10PM. Food in the club is... ok but not the best unless you like deep fried stuff, but they do have a restuarant which serves a little better food. But if you want my opinion, there are so many good pub come restaurants in the area, you are better off eating out. I stongly recommend the Lamb and Flag on the Penzants Road for excellent locally sourced, home cooked food.

There is so much to do in the surrounding area to put down here, but you will not get bored. For dog owners; most of the beaches in Cornwall do not allow dogs, however, there is a beach very need to the park called Lelant Beach which does, and it's lovely! See pic.

If I had any criticisms it would be that the bed linen is not very comfortable, so take your own sheets and duvets. Also, the lager wasn't the best, but maybe I am being picky now!

I would definately go here again.

• Liked — Clean and tidy and in a good location
  • Disliked — Small
  • Stayed April 2007, travelled with family