“A seriously great B&B”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in St Ives
Eleven Sea View Terrace
Ranked #20 of 102 St Ives B&B and Inns
Sevenoaks
“A seriously great B&B”
Reviewed 25 May 2008

This is as good as Bed & Breakfast gets. My girlfriend and I stayed for three nights and it was a real drag to leave.

Grahame, who owns 11 Sea View Terrace, is a seriously good host and nothing was too much trouble.

We took the Suite at the top of the Terrace which had great views of St Ives. The rooms are decorated to a high, modern standard with real attention to detail and our room even an Ipod docking station.

The location is ideal, as the centre of St Ives is just a couple of minutes walk downhill.

We thought it was terrific value for money given the high standard of customer service and quality of the accomodation.

We would have no hesitation recommending this B&B to anyone considering a stay in ST Ives. You won't find anything better.

• Stayed May 2008, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Mariner69

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
LEAMINGTON SPA
Reviewed 2 March 2008

Got back from 11 Sea View Terrace today and thought I should post a comment straight away. This is a thoroughly modern property overlooking the sea with every possible creature comfort. The hotel is run and owned by Grahame who could be the best host i have ever encountered (and I have been too quite a few places).
The breakfasts are to die for, so please ensure you do try them, even if you did over indulge the previous night. There is a flat screen tv in your room (we stayed in suite 2) with a dvd player attached and Grahame has a supply of dvd's if you fancy just unwinding.
We stayed for two nights and made it out to the Sea Food Cafe which was excellent and Blas which served interesting burgers in interesting surroundings.
All in all a great stay and a great place to stay.

• Liked — Beautiful, modern & contemporary surroundings
  • Stayed March 2008, travelled on business
4 Thank TRAVVELLINGMAN
UK
Reviewed 1 November 2007

For our first wedding anniversary my wife and I decided to take a short beak in the West Country. We chose St Ives because of its location and many local attractions and beauty it offered.
After reading the many reviews on all of the available St Ives hotels we decided to stay at 11 Seaview Terrace. Whilst no 11 is not a hotel it appeared to offer all the facilities and high standards that we look for when we are away. We were not dissapointed.............
The accomadation offers 3 suites, we were lucky enough to get suite 1 booked. The room is very well presented and is certainly on par if not better then the boutique hotels that we tend to stay in. The suite is large, offering both seating in the bay window, overlooking the harbour, and on a 2 seater sofa. Coupled with the lovely views and great room we were more than happy with our choice of accomadation.
Graeme, the owner and magnificant host, really made our stay. His knowledge of the surrounding area and eating establishments was invaluable! After discussing restaurants outside of St Ives (to which there are many!), Greame recommended a short drive out to Gurnards Head where the food was very good. Indeed he was right - again!
Our anniversary was on the Sunday and we discovered when we returned to our suite to change for dinner that Greame had left us a card, chocolates and sparkling wine! This was a very nice touch and is a true example of Greames desire to want all his guests to enjoy their stay.
Breakfast - one word...................fab! The choice is wide and caters for all. The scrambled eggs are probably the talk of the town.
We can not give any negative comments about our stay is it was just perfect. Thank you again Greame and we will return!

• Liked — Very high quality of presentation
  • Stayed October 2007, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Holidaymedics
Dunfermline, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 September 2007

It was a real effort leaving 11 Sea View Terrace. The rooms have been refurbished to a high standard and are a pleasure to sleep in. The view from the suite situated at the top of the house is wonderful too. This is how all B & Bs should be.

Graeme was very accommodating and even lent us his membership card for the Tate.

We took my partner's parents to St Ives for three days and they are still raving on about how much they enjoyed the B & B......and St Ives itself!

• Liked — The interior designs/sun terrace/stunning views
  • Disliked — N/A
  • Stayed September 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank ClardS39
kent
Reviewed 2 September 2007

ADVICE - PHONE BEFOREHAND TO ENSURE BOOKING IS OK - THIS IS NOT THE FIRST TIME THIS HAS HAPPENED
We had booked a room for three nights for a romantic getaway over the august bank holiday 2007. When we arrived we were informed our room had been double booked because of a "cock up" and, as the whole of st ives was booked up for the weekend, were offered a room with a neighbour. The neighbours were very accommodating and ran a B&B. However the room we were given was not a room they rented our but effectively their spare room. We were allowed back to 11 sea view terrace every morning for breakfast and made to feel he was doing us a favour in offering this. We asked for poached eggs for breakfast and were told he would do scrambled as it was easier for him!! We were able to stay for the third night of our stay. The room we were offered was lovely but we were obviously disappointed not to have been able to stay there for the whole of our stay. The owner, graham seemed to think it was acceptable to simply apologise and offer us the two nights in his neighbours spare room for free (oh and he threw in a bottle of wine to appease us). This did not stop him charging us for the third night (which was a bit of a cheek considering how our weekend had been ruined). ADVICE PHONE BEFOREHAND TO ENSURE BOOKING IS OK - THIS IS NOT THE FIRST TIME THIS HAS HAPPENED. If the neighbours had not been able to put us up we would have been sleeping in the car after a 7 hour journey !

• Liked — rooms and sea view
  • Disliked — poor service - double booked over august bank holiday. unacceptable
  • Stayed September 2007, travelled as a couple
7 Thank mariafbarnett
elevenseaviewterrace, Owner at Eleven Sea View Terrace, responded to this review, 28 October 2007
I am responding to the review submitted by Maria Barnett on 2 September primarily to put matters a little more into context for other users of Trip Advisor and to correct a few distortions of the truth!

The double booking was not discovered until a few hours before the guests arrived when a full admission was made! Unfortunately, I was obliged to honour the other booking which had been made earlier in the year!

On arrival Ms. Barnett and her partner were informed that as an immediate solution one of the neighbouring B & B's could offer accommodation which consisted of a bedroom with sea views, a private bathroom and a separate sitting area to also include parking and that I would cover the cost of that accommodation! It is true that this was not one of their official letting rooms and it is accepted that the alternative was not of the same standard which they had reserved!

However, it is not strictly true to say that the whole of St. Ives was fully booked. There had not been time to make any other enquiries and the nearby accommodation was offered as one possible alternative so that they could be in the same location with car parking and in order to ensure that they could check in without delay!

I did explain that I would be happy to make enquiries of other hotels if they were not happy with this arrangement but they decided to accept the alternative accommodation for their first 2 nights on the basis I have described. There was never any question of them having to sleep in the car because I did know of at least 2 other places which had vacancies but these were not in such a convenient location and so I offered in the first instance what I considered to be the best alternative!

With regard to breakfast my neighbours explained that they provided only a continental style breakfast and so I said that they were more than welcome to take breakfast at Number 11 if they wanted a cooked option which they decided to do! I fail to understand how this could have been construed as a favour since they were offered the full breakfast menu available to my other guests including "poached eggs" - they chose to accept scrambled eggs on the day in question quite simply because I was preparing them for the other guests!

On their arrival on the third day I did leave a complimentary bottle of wine in their room but this was certainly not done to appease or compensate them - it was intended only as a gesture of good faith!

I considered that covering the cost of their first 2 nights accommodation was adequate compensation for the disappointment they had suffered and there had never been any suggestion that they would not be charged for their third night.

No comments of any further dissatisfaction were made when I presented the Bill and so far as I was aware they were happy to pay! If this was not the case then they could have complained at the time and I would then have addressed the matter accordingly!

Having read all my other reviews it does seem that the comments made by these guests with regard to service are inconsistent and based solely on the disappointment which they suffered! Naturally apologies were made for this unfortunate event which was extremely emabarrassing but given the resources available to me at the time I'm afraid there was little else I could do except to try and mitigate the damage and I cannot imagine that anyone else would have acted any differently in similar circumstances!

Whilst making this response I am grateful to all other Guests who have taken the time to submit a review and look forwarding to welcoming all future guests for the reaminder of this year and throughout 2008!

With all good wishes for the forthcoming festive season.

GRAHAME WHEELBAND

Brighton
Reviewed 30 August 2007

This bed and breakfast is head and shoulders above any other b&b. The rooms are beautifully decorated and the beds are very comfortable with feather duvets and soft pillows. No detail has been overlooked. Grahame's whole aim and object in life is to make your stay enjoyable. The breakfasts are fantastic with notihng being too much trouble to prepare. Fresh fruit salad and freshly squeezed orange juice are just two of the many items offered to guests. Our favourite cooked breakfast was scrambled egg with anchovy toast! Our room was the smallest room in the house but had a 5' double bed and a terrace outside which was available for our use with comfortable chairs. Our daughters' room was larger with twin beds and views over St. Ives. We had a wonderful stay and will be going back!

• Liked — Everything
  • Stayed August 2007
2 Thank SatisfiedBrighton
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 August 2007

... to find it's not fully booked, don't look any further !
The suites in this victorian terraced house have been newly and stylishly decorated.
Suites 1 and 2 have fabulous views over St Ives. Similar views from the lounge and the terrace in the front garden where you can unwind at the end of the day and enjoy the sunset over the town.
Suite 3 where we stayed, has no seaviews and is the smaller of the three but still very nice and comes with a roof terrace on the garden side, where we had breakfast in the sunshine !
Grahame, the owner, will go the extra mile to make sure you have a perfect stay !

• Liked — The location and the stylish accomodation... and the reserved parking space !
  • Stayed August 2007