“Fantastic and cosy stay !”
Review of The Nook

The Nook
Ranked #32 of 102 St Ives B&B and Inns
Reviewed 31 July 2013

We stayed at the Nook for three nights courtesy of Laterooms.com, and had an amazing time !
The room was on the ground floor next to the car park ( no issues at all!) was a large size, clean and well decorated. We found having a fridge in our room very useful with the hot weather, everything we seemed to need was catered for ( hair dryer, TV, extension leads,tea and coffee, fresh towels, etc). Breakfast was fab ! Too much choice of too much good food :)
Having a car parking space in St Ives is a massively luxury, and rarely moved the car as everything is in walking distance ( beaches 5 minutes, town 5 minutes, 10 on the way back because of the hill). The staff were very friendly and did leave us to enjoy our stay. They were also very helpful with regards to recommendations of things such as where to eat and drink and find the best things in town !
Cant wait to go back, won't be staying anywhere else :)

Room Tip: Room number 1 is lovely ! ( and the only room downstairs)
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 28 July 2013

We stayed at The Nook for five nights in July and have been previously too. I would highly recommend this B&B. Very friendly welcome, a clean and comfortable room and a good choice for breakfast which is served in an efficient and friendly manner. The location is the only drawback, The Nook is a good ten minute hill walk from the centre of St Ives, keeps you fit though I suppose! We shall be returning next year...

Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 July 2013

We stayed at The Nook for three days and can highly recommend it. Beautiful and clean rooms (although our bathroom was very tiny), nice lounge and a lovely terrace to relax at. The Nook is a bit outside of the very centre of St Ives, which makes it nice and calm, still only about 10 minutes walking distance away.We would definitely stay there again!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 July 2013

I stayed for four nights end of June/beginning of July at the Nook. I really couldn't fault the Hotel/Bed and Breakfast. The bedroom was small but immaculately clean and all the furniture in the bedroom was new. The breakfast too was very good and all the staff went out of their way to be pleasant and helpful.

However, sadly for me it was just too far out of the way and up very steep hills. I would rather have had somewhere much nearer town and as I didn't take a car used taxis going back at the end of the day as the hills were really just too much! If you like really hilly walks and are fit or have your own transport, then this place shouldn't be a problem. I personally got fed up of taking taxis all the time, although they weren't expensive I guess I like somewhere I can pop in during the day and drop bags off etc. etc. and this just wasn't the case. Apart from the location I couldn't fault this hotel or bed and breakfast as the case may be.

Room Tip: I doubt there is a bad room in this place as it was exceedingly quiet in the night.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 3 July 2013

Choosing a B&B in St Ives was quite tricky as there's over 100! I'm not entirely sure what prompted us to pick The Nook but it turned out to be a good choice. We were warmly welcomed and offered tea & coffee which we had on the decking outside. The location is good (if you don't mind a bit of a hill) which was fine for us, overall a really nice stay.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 June 2013

I stayed for two nights at The Nook and I couldn't have asked for anything more. The rooms were so comfortable and the breakfasts....! Gorgeous!! The sausages, local to St. Ives, were to die for! The location was perfect for me - Tate Modern side of town and just up the hill from Porthmeor beach, yet only 5mins away from the main shopping street Fore Street. This was such a wonderful find and I will certainly be staying here again.

Thank you to all the friendly staff, especially Tamsin, who made me feel so welcome.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank HeidiSten
Reviewed 22 June 2013

Me and my partner enjoyed a 5 night break at The Nook. Room 6 is small but lovely. Breakfast was as always really nice !!!

The Nook is about a 5-10 minute walk from the town centre, the walk down is fine but the walk back is a bit steep !! The staff were really helpful and welcoming as always.

We will be back soon !!

Room Tip: Room 6 - small but comfortable
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple