Crest o Wave Bed and Breakfast
US$125
US$167
Chy-An-Albany(St Ives)
US$161
Tregenna Castle Resort(St Ives)(Great Value!)
US$147
  • Pool
US$392
Hotels.com
US$125
  • Restaurant
  • Bar/Lounge
US$245
The Garrack Hotel(St Ives)(Great Value!)
US$98
Travelocity
The Queens Hotel(St Ives)(Great Value!)
US$139
Cottage Hotel(Carbis Bay)
US$93
  • Breakfast included
All reviewssingle roomporthmeor beachguest housenight's sleepgood nights sleepcooked to perfectionother guestssea viewtatetoilethostscornwall
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 19 June 2012

Having stayed on the other side of St Ives for the last few years (on the Terrace just as you come in adjacent the bus station and the big train station car park), we decided this year that we were due a change and scouted out a few B&B's above Porthmeor instead. I can't really put my finger on why we never considered this side as it's so much more relaxed, scenic and less noisy and busy than "the way in".

Crest-o-Wave is perfectly situated on a quiet residential non-through road about 5-10 mins walk from the bustling town centre, and has something which our previous place never had - parking right outside. Yes they're quite tight, but parking in St Ives is at such a premium that this was a massive selling point for us. Also a big seller was the price, which I believe is very good value for money given St Ives isn't exactly the cheapest of places to stay.

Our ample-sized no-frills light and airy double room (marked the room as "average", but its more like 3.5/5.0 or "good", but Tripadvisor doesn't have this option) didn't have direct sea views, but you could see it when sat in the bay window seat, and as we had the window open slightly the sound of the sea lulled you off to sleep very easily at night in the comfy bed. Other rooms have direct sea views. Just off the main area was a very decent sized en-suite shower room. Everything was clean and tidy, and Christine was a lovely host. Breakfast was cooked to order and tasty.

Wouldn't hesitate to stay again when we return to St Ives, ticks all our boxes!

Room Tip: I'm not sure of the exact room numbers, but some have direct sea views
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank roadtripsrace
Reviewed 30 May 2012

Having lived in St Ives quite a while ago I do like to go back every coupleof years , staying at Guest houses, unfortunatly over the years there are less and less of them as they are being turned into holiday lets . However looking for one this year for myslef and two freinds I came across Crest-O-Wave and the lovley Christine. We had a very pleasant stay , I had a single room with a lovely sea view over Porthmeor beach and it was a short walk to the beach and Downalong.

Reasonable priced as well.

Odette

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank odette P
Reviewed 7 May 2012

For any solo coast path walker I can recommend the single room as good value and the B&B well positioned. The single room does lack an en-suite but on the other hand there is a bath in the bathroom which is luxury after a hard walk on the coast path. St Ives is a good base for coast path walkers with good bus services covering all the likely stop-off points from Hayle to Lands End and Penzance. Check out the 300 service.
Overall an excellent B&B, a very comfortable lounge with wonderful views and very friendly proprietors.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank John L
Reviewed 13 November 2011

We stayed at this lovely Bed and Breaksfast at the end of August and had a great time!

The room had great sea views; the beach is just opposite and the Bed and Breakfast is also within walking distance of the town centre (8 minutes walk)!

We could also go for walks very easily from the Bed and Breakfast and the whole environment is really unspoilt.

Breakfast was fantastic and our hosts were very welcoming and helpful - could not have asked for more!

We will certainly come back!

Room Tip: Ask for a good sea view room!
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 August 2011

Well St Ives is a little Gem. We were advised by our friends to try this B and B as they had stayed there as part of their walking holiday. After checking this site we decided to book crest o wave.
One previous reviewer has tried her best to put people off but my friend and I are both female twenty somethings and this I'd my honest review.

St Ives is absolutely beautiful. Not over priced but in line with seaside resorts. The little streets and ambience is worth any extra you would pay anyway! The beaches are great and I knew on the first day I would be coming back.

The B and B. We arrived and pulled up outside. Christine the owner came out to greet us. She told us to park in an available space. The gap is tight as stated in the other review, but in general conversation It transpires that parking in the area is so scarce and valuable that they want more of their guests to be able to leave the car safe. Very commendable I thought.

Our room was nice and cosy with all the bits and bobs you would expect from a B and B. What a view!!! And what a nights sleep. All you can hear is the sound of the sea at night.

The town is virtually on the door step just a couple of minutes walk.

Our hosts we found to be extremely friendly. Nice breakfasts also to set you up for the day until the pasty or fish and chips start calling your name.
The cost was no different to any B and B we have stayed in before.
I am truly hard pressed to think of a negative. Oh I have one, we had one day of rain!
This is a british B and B. Don't confuse it for a 4 or 5 star hotel.

In short its a friendly, comfy, beautifully located bed and breakfast. The owners made our stay lovely and were very helpful and welcoming. What more would you want for the price and description. St ives is now my favourite uk town.

• Stayed: June 2011