“Ok nice to sit and have a drink outside”
Review of The Sloop Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in St Ives
The Sloop Inn
Ranked #31 of 102 St Ives B&B and Inns
Reviewed 17 July 2014

We popped in for a bite to eat here we bothered had the BBQ pulled pork if you know what your BBQ pulled pork is don't order this has it tastes like a Chinese dish and not what it says on the packet it was edible but not something we would have again we decided when we left it's not somewhere would eat again but it's ok for a drink and if the sun is out an you can get a sit outside then that's a bonus, enjoy st Ives

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 14 July 2014

Great pub by the harbour.Sit out in front and its sheltered from wind with a lot of Sun.Busy so hard to get a seat sometimes.The beer was good and staff friendly.Must mention Tony who works out front who was full of life and created good vibe.This is a must stop at pub when in St Ives.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Paul m
Reviewed 11 July 2014

My husband,myself and our family have always gone to this pub when in St Ives on holiday.This year (July) we were happy to go back(party of 8 of us-not exactly hell raisers-just a family of mixed ages 66 years to 2years old)
My husband,a very well mannered man,got us a round of drinks to have outside.The manager(though I hesitate to call him this !) asked for ID of one of the party-our sons girlfriend who actually is 18 and just off to university.We did not have ID but assured him she was of age.He was extremely rude when my husband told him that none of us had ID so did that mean he would not serve any of us.He snatched my husbands beer away and told him that he may well do that.
My quibble is not with his questioning her age but the extreme rudeness and unprofessional approach of a so called manager of a busy establishment.My sons girlfriend was rather tearful by now.
After our drink I went in to speak to ''this manager'' by the name of Richard to explain how very rude and upsetting he had been and that it wasnt what he said but the infantile way he handled it and that he had actually spoilt our day.He was abusive to me and would not listen to me.I gave up after a while but felt I should record this somewhere.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
11  Thank matchingmaid
Reviewed 22 June 2014

Rocked up in St Ives with nothing booked, had a couple beers here in the beer garden and noticed an accommodation sign. Got the last available room which was good value for what seemed like a new ensuite apartment, very spacious and clean. Even though the English soccer was on, we weren't disturbed at all. The seagulls were the loudest and as it was Summer, some darker curtains would be nice to sleep in. The manager, Leah, was very helpful and friendly. Had dinner off the pub menu which was typically English pub good, the ciders and ales were even better. Would recommend.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kenya_Jace
Reviewed 17 June 2014

got my wife and myself a drink at the bar then ordered a meal gave our table number then sat and waited.After 20minuets asked staff member if it was on it's way he went to see .He returned said there was a mix up.We then sat for a further 40 minuets when it arrived it was not worth waiting for .spoke to the manager who gave us the impression that we should be grateful that she said sorry [we were not] needless to say we shall not be going back.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Brian L
Reviewed 9 June 2014 via mobile

Room dusty!! Curtains had mould on the bottom of them! Bathroom blind didn't cover window! Very, very, very noisy if you stay as resident. Felt quite intimidated walking past all customers out front to get in! Breakfast very overcooked and not worth it!!!!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
7  Thank Susieb34
Reviewed 6 June 2014

We stayed here some years ago, and accommodation has changed considerably since. We had the Captains Cabin........a lovely, airy, spacious room, with modern en-suite facilities, a large comfy bed, and fantastic access to the terrace bar.
On our arrival we were a little concerned to find that the parking we'd reserved was not immediately adjacent to the Sloop, (I struggle to walk any distance due to "dicky hip") but the staff could not have been more helpful. Three of them combined forces to sort us out, and all was well. We ate in the restaurant and enjoyed excellent food at a very good price. Breakfasts were lovely, certainly plenty to eat, and we had a window table each morning.
We stayed here for three nights and wish it could have been longer. The staff were all lovely, and although the beer is on the pricey side, we don't drink too much of it, so not too bothered.
All in all, a great stay, a great venue and I have to speak as I find......"great staff" !!!!!!
We will be back.

Room Tip: Captains Cabin is lovely. Sea views too....!!!! There are however, some steps to be conquered in ac...