“A must visit”

Good for: Romantic, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Sorry for any inconvenience but we are closed on Christmas Day
Reviewed 13 June 2014

Brilliant location/great food. Something on the menu for everyone from families to romantic dinners for two. A must visit if you are in the area.

Reviewed 12 June 2014

This restaurant has immediate appeal because of its superb location: a few minutes walk from St. Ives railway station, and on the coastal path from Carbis Bay, it overlooks Porthminster Beach and St. Ives town.
They have their own kitchen garden behind the restaurant and source their fish locally (as I'm sure most restaurants in the area do, given where they are.) But it's not just about the quality of the ingredients, or even that they food is cooked so well - it's the imaginative way the meals are put together.
There's no point in my waffling on about what my wife and I had, because clearly everything here is so very good, but I would highly recommend the petit fours to finish.
It was such a lovely meal, with excellent service, (especially from the beaded waiter from Leeds), that we booked lunch there for our last day in Carbis Bay. And that was superb too.
It does seem advisable to book though - on both occasions, the restaurant was almost full.
They've even had their own cook book published. It's on sale here of course - so we bought it. Now we just have to see how well we can do it!

Reviewed 10 June 2014

A minor celebratory dinner with our friends was a great success at this venue. The food was excellent, the wines top-notch, and a warm and cordial ambiance . Our server warned me that the whitefish soup starter and the curried monkfish would be a lot but being of the mindset that more is more, I went for it. Delicious, but indeed rather filling. My wife had the sticky pork cheek starter, which she described as excellent, as well as the curried monkfish.
Our friends skipped the starters and I recall that he had hake but I cannot recall what his wife had. I do know that both were well pleased with their meals.
Two shared desserts capped off a lovely meal.
Will definitely be back.

Reviewed 9 June 2014

Came here for lunch after the sun bathing at the Porthminster beach. I and my friend had Thai fish cake, Steamed mussels and Seafood Linguine. The foods were really tasty. Service was excellent, after reserving the table through the phone, they even sent us an email to confirm everything. Since it was a sunny day so we had the outdoor seats. The view was fascinating, there were a blanket and a cushion on the chair, so that you could wrap yourself in if you feel cold with the wind. For us, the portions were quite big but at the right price, so no complain. Both of us were so full after the lunch so that we had no room for dessert :( Anyway, highly recommended this cafe.

1  Thank Thu N
Reviewed 9 June 2014

It is a very unassuming cafe/restaurant and I was absolutely stunned at how excellent the food and service was. The service was outstanding - we had a waitress who was fabulous, she explained everything to us, was very good with people and establishing contact and I think she was worth her weight in gold. The presentation of the food was second to none. I have eaten in restaurants which have Michelin stars and also which are famous, but I think this was probably the best I have seen. And it is more amazing as you really do not expect it from a little beachside cafe/restaurant. You will DEFINITELY have to book, but it was worth every penny. There was one more thing I really liked - it was a leisurely meal, with no pressure to get on with it and get out. Slow food, in the true meaning of the word. Well worth a visit. I would definitely go back if I were ever in St Ives again.