“Disappointing”

Description: Sorry for any inconvenience but we are closed on Christmas Day
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Disappointing”
Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

We had a wonderful experience last year for a special event meal here and hoped to repeat it this year

Unfortunately we were doomed to disappointment. We had booked a few days before but when we arrived they couldn't find it and I felt they made more of a fuss than was necessary.

We had booked a seat with a view inside but we had to take a seat on terrace. Unfortunately the seat I was given was in full sun and the side panel were down due to wind so I was soon extremely and uncomfortably hot.

The food was good but I had better at other restaurants which were half the price.

There was little choice for dessert.

We ate the main course as quickly as possible and left as I felt so unwell from heat. A very disappointing result for what was supposed to be a special occasion. On leaving I explained that I was far too hot and that they shouldn't seat anyone else there.

Yorkshire
“Lunch and dinner!”
Reviewed 19 June 2014

We tried this place for lunch first to check it out and then booked for dinner a couple of days later. The food is fantastic, location and staff are the same.

This place deserve their good reviews, pretty amazing.

I am a pretty plain eater but for the more adventurous there are some great looking dishes. Everything is so fresh.

We had 2 tapas style plates for starters, a bottle of decent wine, 2 steaks for main, 2 dessert plates and finished off with 2 coffees and our bill was approx £85. A bit of a treat but well worth it and the steak was the most expensive dish on the menu.

Wish I lived nearer to this place.

Visited June 2014
Portadown, United Kingdom
“Heaven on Earth....”
Reviewed 18 June 2014

Called in for brunch after rambling the magnificent cliffs and beaches of St Ives. Amazing views, lovely food and very friendly staff. Having reviewed their evening menu and wine list we decided to book a table for our wedding anniversary. We explained that we wanted to spend the evening enjoying the views so they booked the table throughout the night even tho they were fully booked they could have had another cover but this was no problem at all. When we arrived for dinner a hand painted card of the restaurant was at our table wishing us a happy anniversary which I thought was a lovely touch. Food was out of this world, don't be fooled by the name cafe....more like a Michelin star restaurant. Flavour, quality, presentation was amazing with food sourced locally and their own herb garden on site was a lovely touch. To sit in wonderful surroundings watching the sun go down is one thing you must experience with top quality food. We would like to thank all the staff for making our nite so special :)

• Visited June 2014
Wantage, United Kingdom
“Superb meal”
Reviewed 18 June 2014

Tremendously friendly staff, superb menu and wine list, delicious, high - quality meal in beautiful surroundings. A brilliant way to spend a Saturday lunchtime!

Visited June 2014
Kingston-upon-Hull, United Kingdom
“Haddock with roasted garlic cloves”
Reviewed 17 June 2014

I visited this lovely restaurant with a friend for a lunchtime meal.
We were given an inside table with great views over the sea towards Godrevy and St Ives.
Service was impeccable and menu choice wide and varied
I have eaten haddock and chips and mushy peas very many times but have never had them presented with roasted garlic cloves. I have to say presentation was superb and the food was fabulous
Would I visit again? I most certainly would.
PS I ran into problems with a mobile phone signal having left the restaurant some time earlier. They were more than happy to let me borrow their phone. thank you

• Visited May 2014