“Sunset meal”

Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Sorry for any inconvenience but we are closed on Christmas Day
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Food was excellent, setting was amazing, staff very friendly and helpful, though I would say do not go if you are expecting a cheap night, but well worth the money.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,673)

Reviewed 23 June 2014

stopped in for a cream tea and so glad we did .
great view overlooking the beach with great service .
go there its great.

Reviewed 22 June 2014

We were quite prepared to pay a lot more for this very popular but unpretentious beach-side restaurant. Porthminster Beach is absolutely beautiful, on a par with our famous Aussie beaches (if you don't go in the water ie.) The Asian-influenced dishes we chose were superb, perfectly sized, arrived promptly and were inexpensive. We particularly appreciated the friendly, can-do attitude and willingness to make a table for us on the terrace despite our booking being for inside. A thoroughly delightful couple of hours to cap off a great first visit to St Ives.

Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

We had a wonderful experience last year for a special event meal here and hoped to repeat it this year

Unfortunately we were doomed to disappointment. We had booked a few days before but when we arrived they couldn't find it and I felt they made more of a fuss than was necessary.

We had booked a seat with a view inside but we had to take a seat on terrace. Unfortunately the seat I was given was in full sun and the side panel were down due to wind so I was soon extremely and uncomfortably hot.

The food was good but I had better at other restaurants which were half the price.

There was little choice for dessert.

We ate the main course as quickly as possible and left as I felt so unwell from heat. A very disappointing result for what was supposed to be a special occasion. On leaving I explained that I was far too hot and that they shouldn't seat anyone else there.

Reviewed 19 June 2014

We tried this place for lunch first to check it out and then booked for dinner a couple of days later. The food is fantastic, location and staff are the same.

This place deserve their good reviews, pretty amazing.

I am a pretty plain eater but for the more adventurous there are some great looking dishes. Everything is so fresh.

We had 2 tapas style plates for starters, a bottle of decent wine, 2 steaks for main, 2 dessert plates and finished off with 2 coffees and our bill was approx £85. A bit of a treat but well worth it and the steak was the most expensive dish on the menu.

Wish I lived nearer to this place.