“Now that's a view”

Porthminster Beach Cafe
Ranked #16 of 143 Restaurants in St Ives
Price range: US$9 - US$32
Good for: Kids, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Local cuisine, View, Romantic, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Brunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Sorry for any inconvenience but we are closed on Christmas Day
Fife, Scotland
“Now that's a view”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014

First advice...book ahead book ahead. very busy place. Great atmosphere and the whole decor was so lovely, much thought obviously gone in to the way the places looks and feels. The food was fantastic my husbands seafood curry was the best he has eaten anywhere. Everything else was also of the same high standard. Staff really friendly and helpful but not in your way. Wine list good also. The views were stunning simply stunning, of course it helped that it was a boiling day and we had walked along the coast and swam in the sea to get there but oh boy those views and the open doors on to them. Do your self a favour and book for dinner here wonderful place and great food

Visited June 2014

London, United Kingdom
“A perfect location for a birthday surprise”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014

When I booked the table from their website before I arrived and stay at our hotel - Carbis Bay Hotel, I told them that I want to make my wife's birthday lunch special.
When we got into the beach cafe, after our 25 mins walk from the hotel and told them that I've booked the table for my wife. They got us the best table, by the beach which was amazing and the staff got my wife a birthday card and two glasses of the best champagne as part of their complimentary. I have to say our meals were delicious and amazing, and I'm glad that we've chosen the award-winning restaurant before we headed home to make the day special for my wife.

London, United Kingdom
“Stunning Location and good food to match”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014

What an amazing setting, right on Porthminster Beach with views to St Ives harbour. Dining on a warm sunny evening I felt I was in Australia or California. Menu is exciting with a great selection of fish dishes with an Asian twist. The Cornish Scallops were perfect and the hake also very good. For me the puddings are a little too fussy, but this is a personal preference and they are beautifully presented.

Poulton Le Fylde, United Kingdom
“Sunset meal”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014 via mobile

Food was excellent, setting was amazing, staff very friendly and helpful, though I would say do not go if you are expecting a cheap night, but well worth the money.

Visited June 2014
stevenage
“cream tea delight”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014

stopped in for a cream tea and so glad we did .
great view overlooking the beach with great service .
go there its great.