“Definitely recommended!”

Ranked #65 of 143 Restaurants in St Ives
Price range: US$10 - US$53
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, British
Good for: Local cuisine, Groups, View, Child-friendly, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Digital Payments, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
penzance
“Definitely recommended!”
Reviewed 7 June 2014

My partner and I visited St Ives a couple of weeks ago and despite being local and we should know better, we didn't book a table. After traipsing around in the beautiful Cornish Mizzle and being told we would have to wait up to a hour and half before we could have a table, we found Onshore.
We took a table outside under a sheltered area and right on the seafront (which was lovely) we were served promptly despite how busy the staff were, we ordered a bottle of wine and our food and before I had time to roll a cigarette our starters were ready.
My partner had a duck salad which was so good and I went for some olives, for mains he had a crab linguine, which was creamy and rich and I took the butterflied chicken breast with creamy leeks, mash potato, parmesan and pancetta. I have to say it's probably one of the best meals I have had in a very long time and I am very fussy. We had had key lime cheesecake for pudding and the bill was just shy of £60! I was very impressed and so glad that we traipsed around and didn't find somewhere else!

The waiting staff were friendly, attentive and professional. The food was excellent. It was definitely not overpriced and I will certainly be going back.

• Visited May 2014

Chesterfield, United Kingdom
“Would definitely go back”
Reviewed 7 June 2014 via mobile

There were 4 adults and 2 children in our party. The staff were friendly and helpful in getting us seated and storing the pushchair. Crayons and drawings were provided for the children. The menu was varied and reasonably priced for the situation, overlooking the harbour. My sea bass on a pea risotto was marvellous. A return visit later in the week was scuppered because there was an hour's wait - always a good sign!

Visited April 2014
Reading, United Kingdom
“Another great evening”
Reviewed 30 May 2014 via mobile

Return visit for us after a super evening in February. Staff and food just as good - this time we had the mackerel pate again ( so good with the freshly baked flatbread) , followed by seabass and pea risotto. Roll on the next visit to St Ives - Onshore will be seeing us again!

Visited May 2014
Northampton, United Kingdom
“Yum yum and yum!”
Reviewed 20 May 2014

A fluke find while searching for an evening meal.
Greeted by a friendly waitress, with prompt service throughout the meal.
Fantastic fresh local seafood, scallops are divine and the flavours in the seafood linguine are melt in your mouth.
Good value for money as everything is cooked fresh and to order!

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Katie M
Shipley, United Kingdom
“Dinner for 2”
Reviewed 14 May 2014

We have been going to this restaurant for a few years now and it remains one of our favourites. We went for dinner on the second day of our holiday, it was very quiet, it was the day after Bank Holiday so not really surprising. We decided against a starter and settled for main and a shared desert. My wife had seafood risotto, she said it was excellent, I have sea food linguini. I have had this dish here before but this was by far the best to date, creamy, lots of seafood, I could not fault it. We finished with a shared desert of ice cream with an espresso to pour. A nice bottle of Merlot and a bill of £44. Great

Visited May 2014