“Outstanding!!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #62 of 144 Restaurants in St Ives
Price range: US$41 - US$41
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, British
Good for: Child-friendly, View, Kids, Groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Brunch, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
London
“Outstanding!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

We dine here on Saturday night, the food was very good but the services was the best I have ever received in any restaurant or hotel I have ever been to. ( I have stayed In 5 star hotel and I had better service here at onshore) the young man could not do enough for us and was very attentive. We had bread and dips to start and both had sea bass for our mains. The food was outstanding. If you are staying in St Ives make sure you pop in here!!

Visited June 2014

stamford uk
“Dog friendly...people friendly....good food.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2014

Managed to squeeze our two adults,two large dogs into a corner of the terrace seating...a great spot to be able to watch the seafront...staff were helpful...I ordered a green Thai curry and my wife. Crab sandwich wit fries...made the mistake of offering her a taste of the curry and lost half of it!...fairly busy premises...looked nice in side but don't think that area is ok for dogs...would revisit and recommend.

and

• Visited June 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Sutton Coldfield
“Poor”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2014 via mobile

Went in for a beer and a snack. Although it wasn't busy we were still made to feel as though it was lots of effort to serve us. £1.90 for PG Tips Tea that was over brewed.

Avoid!

1 Thank Lord_Hillier
penzance
“Definitely recommended!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2014

My partner and I visited St Ives a couple of weeks ago and despite being local and we should know better, we didn't book a table. After traipsing around in the beautiful Cornish Mizzle and being told we would have to wait up to a hour and half before we could have a table, we found Onshore.
We took a table outside under a sheltered area and right on the seafront (which was lovely) we were served promptly despite how busy the staff were, we ordered a bottle of wine and our food and before I had time to roll a cigarette our starters were ready.
My partner had a duck salad which was so good and I went for some olives, for mains he had a crab linguine, which was creamy and rich and I took the butterflied chicken breast with creamy leeks, mash potato, parmesan and pancetta. I have to say it's probably one of the best meals I have had in a very long time and I am very fussy. We had had key lime cheesecake for pudding and the bill was just shy of £60! I was very impressed and so glad that we traipsed around and didn't find somewhere else!

The waiting staff were friendly, attentive and professional. The food was excellent. It was definitely not overpriced and I will certainly be going back.

• Visited May 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Chesterfield, United Kingdom
“Would definitely go back”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2014 via mobile

There were 4 adults and 2 children in our party. The staff were friendly and helpful in getting us seated and storing the pushchair. Crayons and drawings were provided for the children. The menu was varied and reasonably priced for the situation, overlooking the harbour. My sea bass on a pea risotto was marvellous. A return visit later in the week was scuppered because there was an hour's wait - always a good sign!

Visited April 2014