“A Little Piece of Heaven”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Braganza

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in St Mawes
Braganza
Ranked #4 of 5 St Mawes B&B and Inns
London, United Kingdom
“A Little Piece of Heaven”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 October 2010

What a rare find! With what must be the best harbour view in the whole of the South Coast of England. Enchanting hostess, beautifully presented continental breakfast, and an incredibly comfy bed. If you want a special retreat with a view to die for in a charming and elegant period home, this is definitely for you. It was for us!

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with friends
1 Thank Winston30

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
London Uk
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 September 2010

This B&B is in an impressive building with fantastic views over the lovely village of St Mawes. We were sorlely disappointed by the clutter in the rooms, the polar bear skin and other quirky objects filling the cramped breakfast room. The yoghurts were out of date and the soft fruit served for breakfast had to be picked over for mould. Our room was not very clean. This is a place with great potential but housekeeping standards need to be brought up to scratch.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
3 Thank mrswalkerLondonUK
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 August 2010

I usually do not write reviews but, in this case, I have to share my thoughts. I spent a lovely (as the English say) 5 days in Cornwall. Our room had the most amazing view of St. Mawes Harbor . The owner and staff were friendly and attentive. The continental breakfast way the perfect way to start the day. Additionally, it's just a short walk down the hill into town. Highly recommened!

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2010

Went to St Mawes again for a romantic weekend away with my partner.

It was our one year anniversary and wanted to spend it at Braganza.

The staff are just so lovely and once again I was blown away by the magnificent views that you are lucky enough to have on your door step! Unfortunately I couldn't have my favourite room but the one we had was equally lovely with just as amazing views.

We went fishing in the port and also went sailing - caught a mackerel!
The staff recommended a great guy - Barry - who has a couple of lovely small wooden sailing boats. Very reasonably priced and such fun. Had a picnic on the beach with a bottle of vino - perfect!

Braganza feels like home away from home and I will definitely be back again at the end of the summer when I have some time off.

A delight as always - thank you!

WOULD RECOMMEND ALWAYS!! X

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank TootsieLondon
Torquay
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2010

Have just got back from staying at the Braganza. We were very impressed as we drove through the electric gates down to the car park as others have been. The view is amazing.

However I believe all the good reviews on here are for those who stayed in the front rooms 'with the view'. We paid 95.00 per night and it was totally not worth it. Before we went I looked at this review page and thought 'oh well its only one bad review' but I wish I had listened and gone elsewhere, would have got better value for money.

Our room was at the back of the hotel looking over the gardens. The room is nothing like the pictures we have seen on other sites. The bed was old with dirty looking yellow headboards with black head marks. The radiator was coming off the wall and the bathroom which we paid extra for on-suite was disgusting. It probably has not been updated since the early eighties. The grouting in-between the tiles was either black with mould or not there. You could not shower properly as there wasn't anywhere to hang the shower head which needed the limescale taking out of it as only a few of the holes were working. There was hair hanging down both the bath and basin plugholes and the mirror was old and brown around the rim. Not what you expect for that money.

To add insult to injury the breakfast is continental, a glorified excuse to fob you off with toast and fruit, no cooked breakfast. The bread is kept in the fridge at night with the fruit which is not covered. To be fair you can also have cereal (of course we don't all have that every day before we go to work) or a croissant which is not cooked properly and greasy, served in an old basket and you only get one.

Alot of money for old rope, very disappointed. Also no tourist information or leaflets, we had to go off and find them elsewhere, whilst we were searching for somewhere to have a decent breakfast because we were starving.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
6 Thank Arthur41Torquay
McLaren Vale
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2010

Stayed here twice in a week - once on business and loved it so much I came back later the next week with my partner for two nights R & R.
This lovely house is furnished in a very personal style - it was the owner's original family home....so I suggest if you are looking for something impersonal this is not for you.
It was very neat and clean, Room 7 must have one of the best views for a B & B in the world. The bathrooms are tiny but very adequate.. the lack of room in spaces like this is a price you pay when staying in an old house.
The owner is a delight as are the staff. She even picks fresh flowers daily from the beautiful garden for each guest room.
Breakfast was continental - cereals, juices, coffee , tea, toast, fresh fruits, croissants served in a breakfast room..again with a stunning view over St Mawes harbour.
Highly recommended for a get-away.
Sit by the window in room 7 and sip a glass of wine...life will look pretty darned good.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Leigh G
London
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2009

I work throughout the United Kingdom, staying in many varieties of hotels, guest houses and B & B's. It is rare that I ever remember the name or at least the stay at a hotel unless it was memorable for positive or negative reasons. The Hotel Braganza was a breath of fresh air, stunning location, charming rooms with so much more character than other accommodation I have stayed in. The owner was very friendly yet respected one's privacy and the breakfast room was the most exciting rooms I've eaten in not to mention the stunning views. I stayed here on business but to this day wish I could be there for leisure. This B & B has all the tradtion, charm and character that so many hotels and B & B's lack today. I love it!

• Stayed June 2006, travelled on business
Driftwood Hotel
Driftwood Hotel
#1 of 2 in Rosevine
The Ship and Castle Hotel

Been to Braganza? Share your experiences!