“Magical, amazing, stunning and totally gorgeous!”
other travellers have booked this property

Review of Stargazers

Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

5 of 5 bubbles Excellent - based on 14 reviews

Reviews from our community

mummytotw...
London, United Kingdom
“Magical, amazing, stunning and totally gorgeous!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2014 for a stay in July 2014
person found this review helpful

We had a fabulous week here with our whole family aged from 4 to 74 and everyone absolutely loved it! I want to write a review as it is such a gorgeous place and Amanda (the owner) has made it very special. The interiors are beautiful and the highest spec I've ever found in a rental house. The beds have to have a special mention as they are unbelievably comfortable - 3 x 6ft beds (also makes a change as usually there is only one big bed in a house). Outside the views are stunning and the kids loved the gardens with secret paths and the trampoline. Amanda organised a chef to come one evening and it was really delicious, she organised flowers for my mother and she checked them with the housekeeper prior to our arrival - when she found they weren't as good as she expected she organised another lovely bouquet to replace it before I even had a chance to see it! Everything exceeded our expectations. I am hesitant to write such a glowing report as I'd like to keep it a secret so we can return but that wouldn't be fair. If you are considering staying here - go for it - you won't regret it. We will be back as we are regulars to St Mawes and we can't wait to return to Stargazers or maybe Dreamcatchers next time.

Travelling group: Extended Family
Families with young children
Dan E
Slough, United Kingdom
“Beautiful views in a fantastic coastal retreat”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2014 for a stay in February 2014

We whizzed down to Stargazers for a short break with friends in February.

The location is stunning, with sweeping views across the bay and beautiful grounds that seems to amble on forever.

Inside, Stargazers is equipped for your every whim, with TVs everywhere, electric cars for the kids and most importantly, a lovely open plan kitchen and long dining table to spend your time cooking, eating and drinking with friends and family.

Perfect.

4 of 5 bubbles How helpful were the directions to the property? 5 of 5 bubbles Overall condition of the property
Liked best: The views
Liked least: The showers could be cold
Travelling group: Friends
Families with young children Large groups
Peter D
Wimborne, United Kingdom
“Just perfect”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2014 for a stay in March 2014

We love Cornwall, we love the sea, the beach, unrivalled views, beautiful gardens and most of all Stargazers which has it all and so much more. This is a real escape from everyday life- for us a relaxing break but perfect for the whole family - a house full of delights. As the welcome in the hall reads " Welcome to Paradise " . A perfect description.

Peter D

Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
baweibel
Green Cove Springs, Florida
“Go for a rest, or go to tour, but whatever your itinerary, stay at Stargazers”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2014 for a stay in March 2014

I could easily stayed at Stargazers and done what it was named for - gazed all night at the stars and all day at the spectacular view over the lush gardens in the rear yard to the lighthouse and headland across the bay. However, I did NOT stay put because the owner bent over backward arranging for me to see four of the lovely gardens for which Cornwall is so famous, and a friend joined me for the weekend to hike around the headland and explore the area in general. I was so busy touring that I left the little village of St. Mawes till last and was sorry I had, because the folks here were so delightful.

The house was meticulously cared for and so well-equipped that my girlfriend and I laughingly dubbed it "the gadget house." Aside from two flat-screen huge TV's in the living and second sitting room, there are TV's in the kitchen and bedrooms. And cooks will love the kitchen because the owners have thought of everything. On the other hand, if you don't want to cook, the owner will arrange for gourmet meals to be brought in (I did, and was blown away by the quality of the vegetarian fare that was prepared for me). The beds (and bedrooms) are huge and the bathrooms are fit for a queen; I was especially impressed by the heated floors. The master bedroom even has a small private kitchen with doors leading to the rear patio, which would be perfect for a blended family.

My only complaint was that it rained a good portion of the time I was there, but if the owners could have controlled the weather, I'm sure they would have handled that as well. Seriously, I can't say enough good about this wonderful holiday rental home, or about the area in general, and I can hardly wait to come back,

5 of 5 bubbles Service
Liked best: Just kicking back and relaxing with a movie, while enjoying the sweeping views
Liked least: nothing
Travelling group: Solo
Large groups
Jo S
Windsor, United Kingdom
“Getting away from it all St Mawes style”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2014 for a stay in February 2014

I joined friends staying at Stargazers for a few nights in February 2014. After a horrid drive through pouring rain the sun came out just as I entered St Mawes. Pulling up at the house I didn’t want to enter as I couldn’t tear myself away from the fantastic view and just wanted to explore the beautiful garden.

Once I had unpacked I found my children, one on the large trampoline in the garden and one playing ping pong and we all headed down the hill (a very short walk) to the town where the kids headed straight for the rock pools and we headed straight to the very cosy Rising Sun Pub. In there we found arm chairs and a roaring fire.
Our evenings were spent sitting around the kitchen island while one of us cooked something up then moving on to the large dining table. The kids were all happily tucked up watching a film on one of the many TV’s in the house. At the end of each evening I was more than happy to fall into one of the most comfortable beds I have had the pleasure of sleeping in.
Stargazers is nestled on a hill overlooking the harbour and many an hour was spent snuggled on the sofas or at the large kitchen table with a cup of tea or a glass of wine in hand admiring the view or watching our children running around the garden doing a very early Easter egg hunt. The front of the house is all glass fronted to make the most of this.

One afternoon we had a lovely ferry trip over to Falmouth and we were all excited to spot a seal on route. The obligatory sea side fish and chips were scoffed sat on the harbour.

All in all a lovely holiday was had by all and I cannot recommend Stargazers highly enough.

5 of 5 bubbles How helpful were the directions to the property? 5 of 5 bubbles Overall condition of the property
Liked best: The view
HisLordsh...
London, United Kingdom
“Mawsian Magic!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2014 for a stay in February 2014

Stargazers is a pretty special place. From the great location (and view) a short walk from St Mawes to the immaculately equipped property this place is the epitome of 'five star'. The owners kept us busy with their suggestions and advice and the lovely housekeeper unpacked all our shopping on the day we arrived so we were ready to relax the moment we walked through the front door. A ping-pong table, snooker table, wet suits, electric cars, trampoline, games consoles, massive TVs, your music in the ceiling throughout the ground floor and a revolving wood burner.... the list of lovely surprising stuff you wouldn't normally expect just kept getting longer. If you are looking for a fantastic week away in Cornwall with a bunch of friends or family then look no further! We will be back and will also be sampling the other St. Mawes Retreats properties as soon as we can! Thanks for a really magical and memorable week....the children didn't want to leave and neither did we.

5 of 5 bubbles Bedding & mattresses 4 of 5 bubbles Kitchen & utensils
Travelling group: Friends
Large groups
Wandering...
Bourne End, Bucks
“Amazing house with fabulous views - a holiday to remember”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2014 for a stay in May 2013

My husband and I were lucky enough to be able to stay in this expansive house on our own thanks to the owner offering a small group option, making it very affordable.

We were completely blown away when we arrived - we'd seen photos but they really can't do justice to the incredibly high spec finish, little luxury touches and the amazing views. The owners had arranged for the housekeeper to meet us and she had left us a lovely cream tea which was very welcome after our long journey.

We slept like a dream - the beds are vast and have the most comfortable mattresses - same ones the Queen sleeps on I believe! St Mawes is a small village but there is plenty to keep you occupied in it and the surrounding areas. But the thing we enjoyed most was sitting in the gardens, just watching the harbour traffic pass by on the water.

Totally relaxing break and would definitely recommend to anyone - pleased they are now on TripAdvisor so as I can spread the word!

5 of 5 bubbles Service
Liked best: The sheer luxury of it all.
Liked least: Having to come home!
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Families with young children Large groups
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
US$246
Night
Week
Book Now
Or, send the owner a message
This property has Payment Protection
Never pay for your holiday rental by wire transfer.
Learn more about paying safely.
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing