“Amazing fish of the day”
Review of The Rising Sun

The Rising Sun
Ranked #8 of 13 Restaurants in St Mawes
Price range: US$11 - US$22
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 3 March 2020

In my opinion Lewis (the chef) is an extraordinary cook!
My son and I had “see bass served with sun blushed tomato + spinach on a white wine + herb risotto“ and found it just amazing, super, fantastic !!!
I advise anyone to eat here since I’m sure you’ll adore it !!!
Yvonne and William from Milano ( Italy )

Date of visit: March 2020
1  Thank YVONNEagosto2013
Write a reviewReviews (639)

Reviewed 12 February 2020

St Mawed in February is pretty quiet and The Rising Sun was one of the few places open for lunch. My friend and I were encouraged by the relatively large number of fellow diners and the menu offers pretty standard fare. Service was fine and although we did wait a while for the food when it came it was hot and well cooked. My Ham Egg and Chips were fine and I enjoyed eating them, but I will try somewhere else next time in the hope of getting something better than OK

Date of visit: February 2020
Reviewed 7 February 2020

Have used the rising sun for a long time, and taken a lot of friends there, but today .the fish and chips were not very nice , batter looked burnt on outside,the inside the batter was soggy not cooked, the chips were not cooked hard on the inside, very disappointed.

Date of visit: February 2020
1  Thank PREDDY_11
Reviewed 30 January 2020 via mobile

If you are a vegetarian or vegan I would avoid ... not a great experience . The initial meal I chose from the menu was not available , I chose a starter as a substitute and decided to share some of my husbands chips ... thankfully noticed on the menu that chips were cooked in beef dripping ... .
My food was probably one of the worst vegetarian dishes I have ever tasted ... unfortunately I don’t think the chef is used to catering for vegetarians and it was overpowered with spices .
My husband enjoyed his panini so I’m guessing if you just want basic food then all okay .

Date of visit: January 2020
1  Thank Bevprice
Reviewed 26 January 2020 via mobile

Good to find open in January. Lovely lunch with right size portions. Recommend the faggots! Would return again.

Date of visit: January 2020