Atlantic View Hotel
  • Restaurant
  • Breakfast included
  • Bar/Lounge
View Hotel
Port Gaverne Hotel(Port Gaverne)
View Hotel
All reviewscourse dinnercoastal pathfive courseshomemade soupheated swimming poolmonth stayquiet locationtraditional styleevening meals arefriendly facescornwall coastother guestswi fifantastic cookon arrivalserved its purposebreathtaking scenery
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 31 May 2014

We stayed here for one night while meandering around Cornwall before Easter 2014. We based our booking on previous Tripadvisor reviews.
The owners were very welcoming and attentive. Tea on arrival, and the room was very nicely decorated. We had a bathroom down the hall to ourselves; it was huge and nicely appointed.

The owners directed us to an easy coast path to walk a few hundred yards to an excellent restaurant. They offered to pick us up at dusk, and came over in their SUV as promised. I thought this was great service. Would stay again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Greenvalley777
Reviewed 31 May 2014

This Hotel is situated in an ideal position as it is close to a lot of lovely tourist locations. The hotel provides dinner, breakfast and bed accommodation, with a wonderful Hostess. The price is per head and is reasonable considering,Dinner is 5 courses and breakfast is full English Breakfast. The hostess and her family are lovely the way they look after everyone.

Room Tip: Room 4 has a great outlook and was sunny when we were there.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Maxwell B
Reviewed 27 May 2014

I stayed there last week and had a lovely stay with Rosemary, John and the team. I was overwhelmed with the kindness and hospitality all the guests experienced whilst I was there.
I am not saying the previous reviewer is a fibber but I can only suggest he/she is a bit of a old moaner!
I'm guessing they didn't stay as they mentioned they didn't see the rooms.
It's rated as a two star Hotel, I was pretty shocked as it was so much better than that. I met a lovely Australian couple who stayed another night as they felt so comfortable, a well travelled couple . Another two couples who were regulars, a Belgian couple and another nationality, can't quite remember where they were from but europeans, they had been going since their daughter was a little girl, there's even a picture of her with the owners dog when she was 8 yrs old.
Hospitality is really welcoming, staff are so friendly. I was so shocked to see the previous remarks and felt compelled to comment.
Hope that balances things out.

It's a little gem.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank ozzy6151
Reviewed 23 May 2014

we did not stay at this hotel
I am disabled and had a discussion with the owner who said there were 4 steep steps up to the hotel and indeed there were which I could manage with assistance. however the damp old smell on entering the hotel was very pungent. possible coming from the entrance full of plants
The place looked old and uncared for.
My worst problem was that the steps to the bedrooms were narrow and carpeted and quite a few!! with no lift.
I did ask to see the bedroom before we signed in but could not manage the stairs - so we had to leave having lost the cost of two rooms.
I would definitely put this in the only go if you wish a B&B category.

Room Tip: I am frain I cannot as I did not see the rooms
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
4  Thank igauld
Nick L, Owner at Atlantic View Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2014

We are sorry that the Atlantic View Hotel did not meet your expectations. We take criticism seriously and try to use it constructively, in order to maintain our high standards. As you may have seen from other reviews, the majority of our previous guests have found staying here to be a pleasant and enjoyable experience.
Just the day before your arrival, we had our annual overnight visit from the AA inspector, which was a very positive affair, and I will gladly forward their report to you if you would be interested.
Upon making your reservation you informed us that you were slightly disabled, and that you would need two double rooms for single occupancy. It was made clear that all our bedrooms are on the first or second floor, and that there were several steps to the front door. You mentioned that you were prepared to come knowing this, based on our TripAdvisor reviews. The hotel is a converted 19th Century Victorian house, and we feel it would be impractical to install a lift and it would tarnish the appeal of the building. We believe the stairs are generously wide enough, with a firm handrail, which can be seen on our website.
Upon booking, you were asked for a deposit, to which you offered to pay for your stay in full. We charge on a ‘Per Person, Per Night’ basis, so you were therefore charged the standard rate per person, not the double room rate.
We would be happy if you would like to return to the Atlantic View Hotel, at no extra cost, to give you a clearer insight into our hotel, as we feel that your five minute visit did not give you a fair or proper chance to judge us.

Reviewed 11 May 2014

A very nice hotel, the location is splendid, rooms are very pretty, food is perfect, you have a bar, a living room, a swimming pool, a room with a billiard table. Rosemary and John (an excellent photographer), the owners of the hotel are very nice people and make you feel at home with friends. We recommend it !

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple