Cornishman Inn Tintagel
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
  • Bar/Lounge
View Hotel
Port Gaverne Hotel(Port Gaverne)
View Hotel
All reviewsthe pubplay areacar parksteakfresh towelscooked breakfasttwin roomlovely eveningselection of beersopen firefull english breakfasttea and coffeeshort staybreakfast was excellentlovely atmospheresunday lunchold post office
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 15 July 2014

We stayed here for one night on a Saturday. We had a very nice room at the back of the pub. It has loads of parking space and a lot of outside seating. Very handily situated for walking to the castle or to the coastal path. We had reserved a table and had a very good meal, There were plenty of people eating and drinking and the atmosphere was good. We found the staff to be very chatty and pleasant. A bonus was being able to watch the football with other people. It was exactly what I expected. It is a pub, not a five star hotel, and as such it is a very good place to stay!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Shelagh A
Reviewed 22 June 2014

We visited here 2 years ago and loved it. Changes are subtle but enough for us not to return. Pros; excellent position close to castle and coast path, ample parking, good food. Cons; breakfast with radio 1 blaring and tv on but no sound. The staff help themselves to fresh "proper" coffee from a machine right next to where you have to make your own instant coffee or tea in a mug, I've never stayed anywhere before where I didn't get fresh coffee or a pot of tea for breakfast. Make your own toast from bags of supermarket bread (ugh) cooked breakfast nice but greasy. No other choice really, some bananas, couple of grapes, cornflakes or alpen. Room ok for 1 night (we stayed 3) not dirty but uncared for. Mugs left for tea/coffee had obviously been swilled in bathroom sink and not fresh for each visitor, had mark where spoon sat in it. No towels in room, had to ask twice for them so I could dry my hands and not use loo paper. Toilet seat wonky and loose, didn't mention it as no idea who would have cared. We ate here every evening as the food is delicious, tasted freshly prepared but is expensive. Waiter/waitress/bar staff are students and are lovely and friendly, not sure about everyone else, I felt like I was a bit of an inconvenience and they'd rather not bother with guests. Nice mix of foreign guests but the lack of locals is noticeable.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Letterard
Reviewed 11 May 2014

Plenty of choices in the menu and food is well prepared and tasty. I ate fresh code and it was very good. However, staffs are not very friendly. Overall, if you want a quick meal I recommend this place.

Room Tip: I didn't sleep there just went to the restaurant.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank HelgaLondon
Reviewed 3 May 2014

We have been coming to visit Tintagel for many years and we can recommend The Cornishman. The menu has plenty of choice, once ordered the sevice was quick and served by friendly staff. I chose the steak which was the best steak that I have tasted for a long time. The rest of our party were more than pleased with their meals. One word of warning, select where you sit with care as it can be a tad whiffy just outside the Gents!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 April 2014

Stayed in Tintagel at a local cottage, a short walk from the Cornishman Inn and visited here on several occasions through out our holiday. We found the staff very welcoming and very friendly and they excepted dogs, which was good for us, as we had our Golden Retriever with us for the week.
The food was absolutely delicious and the Rattler Cider is very easy to drink...lol
They have a great specials board in the restaurant area and then a small lounge area (no dogs in that area. I think due to the house cat likes it there...lol) and a much larger bar area, with two pool tables, two large T.V's and some comfy couches to relax in and your dog is ok in that area. They have extensive grounds outside, with a kids play area and tables and we just loved the place.
By the time we left, the staff had us feeling like we were locals, especially Amy behind the bar, who always made us feel extra welcome and always had a smile on her face.
This is a first class establishment. food is excellent and the range of alcoholic drinks is great. Well worth a visit, several times and knocks spots off the local bars and pubs.
WE WILL BE BACK.