Lowest prices for your stay
Fully refundable before Wed, 24 Apr
Hotels.com
Fully refundable before Fri, 26 Apr
Get rewarded with One Key
Fully refundable before Fri, 26 Apr
Get rewarded with One Key
All reviews the pub play area open fire cooked breakfast burger would stay again breakfast was excellent evening meal fish and chips tea and coffee amazing food great atmosphere bed and breakfast castle menu cornwall locals
Selected filters
Reviewed 28 August 2022 via mobile

There is a good selection of places to eat in Tintagel and we were staying just outside so venture in for an evening meal. The Cornishman seemed to offer the best value menu and previous reviews were positive. We were not disappointed…food was very tasty as were the drinks (local Tintagel ales and local gins!). Service was good and efficient.

Room tip: We did book a table the day before and were able to eat outside.
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 20 August 2022

My husband and I enjoyed 2 nights at the Cornishman Inn. The breakfast was excellent, cereal, fruit and cooked breakfast. The bedroom was very good with a very good bathroom. The location is ideal, right in the town and just a few minute's walk to Tintagel Castle. We ate in the hotel restaurant which was outstanding. The presentation and quality of the meals was excellent. The staff were very attentive and welcoming. We would definitely stay again.

Date of stay: July 2022
Reviewed 15 August 2022 via mobile

Quirky lovely hotel. It’s ran on few staff, the guy behind the bar handled everything in his stride even when the place is busy, and the soda machine is temperamental.
We had a table for dinner reserved, the staff were helpful, the tables were over sanitised and needed a re-varnish which is planned for winter months as they feel sticky but the meal was great, and good menu options.
The rooms we had were clean and well presented, I thought this hotel had better decor than other places when I searched for a hotel, and the best location. The only issues were the king bed wood frame sticks out and my calf got a huge bruise, we stuck cushions on the corners so we didn’t walk into them so much. Headboard was lovely but pointy. Our other room had a key that didn’t lock or unlock easily unless a strong guy in the case of our party, but we updated the hotel team so hopefully that’s sorted soon. We had one room that was right by the bar, it seemed a little extra being so close to people but with a closed window we didn’t have a noise issue, only thing we did hear was the hum from the generator right beside our room, but we slept fine and had a little fan going due to the heatwave in our room anyway. The room did have some damp patches and areas in need of a redecorate but generally the room was good. One of the glasses had lipstick on so there was that, but nothing to drastic. We slept well. Tea and coffee supplies were good. Breakfast was good, the childrens portions were a touch too big and it would have been nice to have a menu to order from rather than a spoken list you had to remember. Also the lady came to take the order when I wasn’t at the table. As mum I was ordering for me and the children so kind of important I was there, other than that I wasn’t too disappointed. I like good service but I think with the low staff numbers they did valiantly. Breakfast starting at 8.30 is a little late for us but I worked ok. Check out there was no one around but the chef came and said a nice goodbye when I called.

Locally Tintagel castle is wonderful, lots of steps though, it’s a hike. We went in a really hot day but loved it. There is a Range Rover taxi service you can buy to get up and down to the hill to the entrance and visitor centre, cafe and toilets. It was fab. Careful of seagulls they will sneak attack for food your child is holding. Little shops in the town are cute and have yummy ice cream. Local premier and spa shops are good if you need waters and snacks etc.

Room tip: Parking is good at the hotel for guests. Check in is at 4pm but we did get in around 3 which was kind of them for rest after the castle.
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 10 August 2022

What a wonderful place! Food is fantastic at very reasonable prices. But the staff, amazing! Looked after us with lots of smiles and good banter. We didn't stay here (unfortunately), but used the restaurant and bar in the evenings.
Met some wonderful locals while we were in the bar. Always a good sign!
Thank you! x x x

Room tip: We didn't actually stay here; wish we had!
Reviewed 1 August 2022

The inn is gorgeous and full of wonderfully interesting things, my favourite being the fireplace sign. I loved the food, the beds were comfy, beautiful views of Poldark country, nothing wrong there. Thank you Cornish peoples Inn.
Shout out to one of the great staff who I really got on with.

Date of stay: July 2022