“wonderful relaxing stay”

Ranked #1 of 24 Tintagel B&B and Inns
Bromsgrove, United Kingdom
“wonderful relaxing stay”
Reviewed 11 April 2014

From the start of the day to the moment my eyes closed I can honestly say that the two nights that we were guests of Iain and viv were the most relaxing we have had in ages. The breakfasts really did set us up for the day, freshly cooked to individual choice. The 100 yard stroll to the coastal path where we had the hardest decision to make, left or right?? The breathtaking views of the sea and coast line are second to none. After returning we were able to fully relax in a luxurious bathtub before retiring to a very spacious warm and comfortable bedroom. Iain is a fountain of knowledge and always has a humorous tale to tell of the local area. Look forward to returning in the near future.

Steve & Elsa
Bromsgrove

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 26 March 2014

We recently had the pleasure of staying with Viv and Iain at their beautiful B&B. As soon as we stepped through the door we were immediately welcomed by our wonderful hosts and made to feel, well, welcome. The views from their house are simply stunning and nothing beat the abundance of fresh air as we walked towards the coast. My husband and I stayed in the 'blue room' and were over the moon at how spacious and luxurious, yet comfortable, it was. Even the hand cream smelt good! Iain and Viv really helped to make our stay as memorable as it was. Not only were they friendly, helpful and knowledgeable about the local area, but we enjoyed many conversations with them and genuinely enjoyed their company - plus their breakfasts were just delicious! If you are looking for a friendly, comfortable and genuinely lovely place to stay in Tintagel, look no further….we won't be :)

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Southampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 March 2014

I have just spent the most amazing weekend with my family enjoying the great hospitality from Viv and Iain in their beautiful B&B, amazing location, stunning views, beautiful bedrooms, and the most delicious breakfasts ever. thank you Viv and Iain, wonderful hosts and great cooks, special thanks for my surprise birthday cake! cant wait to return.

Room Tip: Gold and Blue rooms are fab
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank pipes59
Reviewed 19 March 2014 via mobile

This is my second visit to stay with Viv and Iain and I am already looking forward to the next one! My family treated my mum to a birthday weekend at Treknowan and were all really impressed by the top notch rooms, great hospitality and breathtaking scenery! We cannot recommend it enough! If stunning views, great hosts and a very comfortable bed are high on your agenda then look no further for a B&B near tintagel.

Stayed March 2014
Worcester
Reviewed 10 February 2014

This is the best B and B I have ever had the privilege of frequenting! Viv and Iain are warm, friendly and thoroughly professional. Nothing is too much trouble for them.
We stayed in the Blue Room on a wet and windy weekend. The amenities more than compensated for the weather. Warm log burners and open fires, wonderfully filling cream teas, hearty breakfasts which set you up for the day and bedding to snuggle up in and ignore the whistling wind. Trenowan is perfectly situated for wintry walks along a stunning coastline and is a quick drive from the ferry to Padstow. It really is a little piece of heaven, and I can't recommend it highly enough.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
England
Reviewed 15 January 2014

it really is that good!
Might struggle to get to 200 characters as it has all been said. Lovely hosts, beautiful room (Gold), great linen on the bed, huge private bathroom, fluffy bathrobes, amazing history, fabulous breakfast, handy for the coastal path, staggering scenery, the list just goes on & on
Do yourself a favour, when your next in Cornwall stay here

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank HankEngland
Reviewed 30 December 2013 via mobile

I have stayed in many B&Bs before and this is quite simply the best. Viv and Iain are fantastic hosts who were friendly, knowledgeable and only too happy to help accommodate my every need. I stayed in the Gold Room which boasted a generously sized bed, exquisite decor and an absolutely stunning view over the Cornish coast. The house itself has a stunning fire in the front room and a fantastic log burner in the kitchen / diner which makes for a truly warm and cosy feel. I really enjoyed the proximity to the breathtaking shoreline and excellent pub nearby called the Port William. I also explored the surrounding area to find stunning scenery everywhere I looked and in particular the intriguing Tintagel Castle. I wholeheartedly recommend staying here should you ever get the chance. I know have made friends and memories that will last a lifetime and I can't wait to return!

Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tintagel
Camelot Castle Hotel
St. Moritz Hotel
St. Moritz Hotel
#1 of 4 in Wadebridge
The Wootons Country Hotel

Been to Trenowan? Share your experiences!