Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 September 2019

having stayed here before whilst in the area decided to book in for dinner - Michael and his staff welcomed us back clearly remembering us from a couple of years previously - fantastic dinner this restaurant is well know for it's wonderful delicate sauces and again it was lovely the whole meal - fantastic staff and reasonable prices will be coming back again when next we are in Cornwall.

Reviewed 2 September 2019

My review is for the Cedar Tree Restaurant here,I could find nothing not to like here. We had a Sunday roast and later returned for an evening dinner in the week. It is all so lovely. From ordering in the bar and taking as long as we needed to being shown to an elegantly laid table, then on to the wonderful food and plenty of it. The first class friendly service and modest prices, the lovely atmostphere and feeling we could take as long as we liked., followed by having a drink in the bar or garden, it is impossible to fault. All ages are here, including children who all seem to be well behaved, All in all a truly lovely experience.

Reviewed 31 August 2019

Lovely place to stay and explore Well equipped and Very clean and lots to do Barbecue and fire pit used every night Stream that runs next to the Mill loved by the Grandchildren Would recommend lots of Walks to do for the energetic

Reviewed 28 August 2019 via mobile

We booked a trip to stay at Bossiney House hotel over the bank holiday weekend for my mum’s birthday. On the first evening we stayed at the hotel for dinner. My mum ordered the Hake from the specials menu. Her dish was cold when it arrived and undercooked. We sent it back to the kitchen explaining what was wrong and heard no more about it until it came to paying, when the owner insisted we paid for it even though my mum did not eat it, explaining that we could cut short our stay if we were not happy. He said he had tested the food and it was at the correct temperature and simply stated that my mum clearly just did not like the food. If he was going to test the food he should have done it in front of the customer, not behind closed doors and he should have shown us exactly why he thought it was edible.

When I later spoke to the owner he was adamant that we would either pay for it or leave. Since we had driven 4 hours here for my mums birthday we had no choice but to pay and stay the night. It is such a shame as when we arrived, he could see we were impressed with the place and would have happily recommended it/come back, but for the sake of a £13 dish, he gave that all up with his terrible, argumentative attitude. What a shame.

You will have a good stay so long as you put up with everything and do not mention if you are unhappy with something. If you are unhappy, you will have an argument on your hands with the owner (as can be seen from previous poor trip advisor reviews where the owner is incredibly argumentative towards the customer once again). It is clear that the “customer is not always right”.

When we arrived, the owner told us how much he enjoyed hospitality but, having seen his attitude and demeanour, has no idea about customer service, nor does he care. We left the next day and found somewhere else to enjoy the rest of our holiday.

2  Thank ml5555
mike186245, Manager at Bossiney House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2019

Mrs Leitan ordered hake and it duly arrived at table. She summoned the waitress and complained that the meal was cold. Without ado, the waitress offered to further heat the food but Mrs Leitan declined for her to do this. She no longer wanted the food she had ordered. The experienced waitress then offered to get Mrs Leitan another meal option from the menu but she declined to do this also. She then picked food from the plates of her companions.
As standard practice I was called to review the returned food. The fish was tested at its core with a probe thermometer which recorded 68 C which indicates that it was cooked through and served hot. I then took a fork and broke the flesh and it separated in flakes such as well cooked fish does.
I was forced to the view that the food was rejected for no sound reason. There is a convention in all restaurants that poorly cooked food may be returned without cost to the client. This is not the case here. To return food upon an untrue pretext, to not accept offers to heat the food to a greater temperature if that is what the customer wants, to reject other meal options - is not a part of the food convention between customer and provider. It is not fair upon the food providers who have striven to provide well cooked food. It is not fair on the other diners who end up paying more for their food because food wastage by others increases the price they pay. – And, sure as heck, it is not fair on the fish that gave its life only to be thrown in a waste bin.
The attitude that came through from Mrs Leitan was indeed that “the customer is always right”. I saw no reason however to pursue the matter whilst the diners were at table and waited until the family left table whereupon I explained myself in the manner above to Mr Leitan and after some entirely reasonable discussion he agreed to pay for the ruined meal. I had hoped that was an end to the matter.
It was disagreeable to be disturbed by Mrs Leitan’s daughter, the author of this report, who later accosted me at my dinner table, where, incidentally, I was, to that point at least, enjoying a meal of hake with friends.
It is I who was verbally attacked in an aggressive and argumentative way by Ms Leiton. I merely asserted that food ordered and delivered in good condition should be paid for - which was deemed contrary to Ms Leitan’s view that because Mum chose not to eat the food that she had ordered then she should not be called upon to pay. I was my usual reasonable self; despite provocation by some not inconsiderable rudeness from Ms Leitan. Our company policy is zero tolerance of rudeness and, indeed, I did suggest that Ms Leitan may prefer to cut short her stay.
Consumerism has its place but expect fewer restaurants to be around if customers take the attitude of Mrs & Ms Leitan and assume they can reject properly prepared food upon a whim.

Reviewed 3 August 2019

Hello,

What a find! Was greeted on day of arrival by the owners, was given an upgrade to a sea view room which was a lovely surprise for us! The stay just got better as it went on. Rooms were light airy and clean, crisp white linen and towels, adjoining door to our teenage children’s room giving them & us some privacy, rooms are spacious with a fantastic view of the sea, can’t get better than this! But yes it does!

Breakfast was delicious good variety something for everyone! I have to mention the ‘poached eggs’ which were perfect!! Owners and staff were very welcoming and made us feel comfortable and at home. Anything we needed we just had to ask, staff very helpful with where to visit and directions they even had copies of a little map they drew to help people find their way around.

Coastal path is a lovely walk with breathtaking views! RAF museum in Davidstow is a nice day out, very interesting and lovely people ex RAF with some amazing stories. We went to visit a waterfall which is ten minutes away from the hotel that was a lovely day out there are lots of things to see, we just goggled things to do and there are loads of wonderful days out to suit everyone.

We had dinner in the hotels restaurant which was fresh and presented beautifully very tasty. Staff wore white gloves that was a lovely touch. Food was simply delicious.

It is so nice to write a completely positive review! There is nothing that I would change about our stay at Bossiney hotel it was just perfect!

The owners of the hotel even came out and said goodbye to my family it was appreciated their costumer service and standards are brilliant, they are really lovely people.thank you to all the staff at the hotel for making our stay simply wonderful. Also forgot to mention that the beds were super comfy best nights sleep I have had in a long time

I highly recommend this hotel the whole feel is very welcoming and pleasant staff are on hand for anything you need. My family will definately return to this hotel in the future.

Kind regards