“Wonderful Two Days with Susan”

Cornish Heritage Safaris
Ranked #11 of 20 things to do in Tintagel
More attraction details
Owner description: Cornish Heritage Safaris is an exciting new service for people who want to explore the magic and mystery of Cornwall.Our quest is to take you to unique places that many people miss, and to share with you some of the facts, the stories and background that help us to understand and interpret them.Inspired by showing our friends around the beautiful Cornish landscape, our tours will show you the places we love. Some trips include local wine or beer tasting. Don't worry, we will collect you from your accommodation and deliver you back at the end of the tour.We can also arrange accommodation and safaris for groups and couples. See our website and contact us for more information
Reviewed 4 September 2013

Cornish Heritage Safaris with Susan Hockey and her trusty Land Rover were the perfect way of seeing the Cornish countryside. We spent two days traveling with her and every minute was filled with historical facts and sights. She is very knowledgeable about the history of the area and very personable. I would highly recommend taking her tours when you visit Cornwall. We thoroughly enjoyed our time with her.

Reviewed 2 September 2013

My Wife and I booked a safari with Sue.Having arranged the trip by phone Sue picked us up at Tintagel and we were taken on a mystery tour around Bodmin Moor. It was a fantastic day! Visiting neolithic sites, industrial tin mines, churches and beautiful scenic almost magical landscapes. I particularly enjoyed not having to drive and was able to see the fine views, it was very relaxing. Sue was very knowledgeable about the history and mythology of Bodmin and kept us entertained all day with stories and facts about the area. We stopped for a very enjoyable lunch and when we were all ready, set off for further adventures. Sue had a great rapport putting us at ease and chatting as if we had known her forever. It was a wonderful day seeing parts of Cornwall we didn't know existed, and we have been coming to Cornwall for a lot of years. I can't praise Sue highly enough it was a brilliant day tailored to us.
I would highly recommend Sue's tours to everyone.
Tony and Jean G.

Reviewed 29 August 2013

I booked this trip by email before I went to Cornwall not really knowing what to expect when I got there. I wasn't disapointed. Susan met us and gave us a brief outline of the day she had planned for us and then off we went. A mixture of ancient history, mystery and romance was unveiled for us throughout the day. We visited neolithic landmarks, historic churches with literary connections, beautiful scenery, industrial remnants and even a disused 2nd world war airfield. Linking all of this together so expertly was Susan. She is just fantastic! So friendly, she really puts you at ease, and knowledgable. Weaving stories of murder and literary characters with mythology and actual history she never once lost my interest. The tour lasted all day and included a stop for lunch with a highly recommended piece of cake. If you want to see Cornwall off the well worn tourist paths or just lit up by an expert commentary then get in touch with Susan. You won't be disappointed. Mike H

1  Thank Michael H
Reviewed 28 August 2013

After reading the Cornish Heritage Safaris tripadvisor reviews, our expectations were very high; but I must say that they were actually exceeded! Coming to the UK for visits to Scotland and London, we were interested in adding Cornwall as my husband and I are huge “Doc Martin” fans and had already fallen in love with the scenery via the TV. Susan provided invaluable advice and options on complicated transportation issues, recommended a very nice place to stay and provided 2 ½ days of fascinating information, great company and tours of breathtaking vistas and amazing landmarks. She has an unusual blend of warmth and professionalism -- sensitive to stamina and even dietary needs. She tailored the days to meet our individual interests, visiting intriguing sites from Davidstow Airfield to tin mines to stone circles with much more in-between than I have space to list. She knew of places that were marked by little more than a slight trail in the grass on the side of the road. Not only would we never have found such spots ourselves, but also it was wonderful having an excellent driver on those quaint one-lane roads and roundabouts so totally confusing to us as Americans. On our final day, we got to see the local Tintagel parade and felt like part of the family. Finally, Susan arranged for our ride to the train station with a very personable Boscastle taxi owner, Tony. Cornwall is now among our favorite places and Susan is largely responsible for making it such a wonderful experience. I cannot imagine money better spent. With our own personal tour guide, we felt like royalty!

1  Thank BWH2013
Reviewed 27 July 2013

What an amazing day my friend, Renee, and I were fortunate enough to have with Susan as she shared her extensive knowledge of Arthurian mythology and Cornwall. A fully packed day complete with meals, admission prices, and wonderfully engaging information - it is well worth the reasonable cost. In the course of eight hours we visited ancient ruins, modern interpretive sites, a sacred waterfall, a hermit's cell, and the mythical site of Arthur's final battle and the resting place of Excalibur; however, the highlight of the tour is Susan. She makes you feel completely at ease with her open and engaged attitude, and her willingness to answer your questions while making you feel as if you have known her for years. The day is thoughtfully constructed with all necessary intervals for eating, drinking, and resting between events. I recommend Susan's service to anyone who loves good stories, wonderful company, and excellent scenery.

1  Thank Tessa C