“A lovely place to stay”
Review of The Willows

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Tintagel
The Willows
Ranked #17 of 24 Tintagel B&B and Inns
Reviewed 15 August 2012

I chose The Willows precisely because I could take my dog - this is one of the benefits on offer there. I found my room to be clean and well-presented and it was kept that way for the 3 nights I stayed with my daughter. The cooked breakfast in the morning was the best I've had in ages. I was politely asked to leave my dog in the room, if other guests were about but the owner was very helpful to us and gave up much of her time, showing us the best walks to take. I found her to be a very caring and considerate lady, who made our stay a very warm and homely experience.

I have to say that I am shocked and appalled by the two unpleasant reviews I have read here. I think they indicate the poor manners and bad attitude of those that wrote them. If you don't like dogs then don't stay anywhere that accepts them - there are plenty of places that do not. Do not expect luxury-style accomodation at the reasonable and affordable prices that The Willows offers. And if you are rude and don't comply with the policies of a place, you are not going to be welcome anywhere!

The owner is a kind-hearted lady and does not deserve to have those unkind reviews.

Room Tip: The room was small but clean and had everything we could need, provided for us. Make sure you enjoy...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for The Willows

Reviewed 21 March 2012

i stayed at this b & b for 3 nights at £75 also my friend and her daughter stayed for one night and paid for 3 nights we was told we had to pay upfront although i was not keen on staying as it was a spare bedroom in a house and not what i would call a b & b. as soon as we arrived there was conflict about paying upfront, we was accused of messing her around because we was sceptical about staying. i had no signal on my phone. my friend did not stay a 2nd night as it was too crammed and she was not keen on her daughter sleeping on cushions on the floor. as soon as my friend decided she was going to take her daughter to stay in a hotel, i felt uncomfortable the lady became unfriendly towards me & i could not afford to stay anywhere else. on the final morning i decided i wanted a lye in, i had told her the previous night i would have breakfast (please note if you want breakfast its at 8 am) in any case i didnt get up i got woken upto banging and swearing, she swore at me & told me she was p******* off because i didnt get up for breakfast & she didnt care because i was leaving. to be honest i had payed for 3 nights so iwas glad to leave. i would not advise anybody to stay here & from now on i do my research before staying somwhere.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 September 2011

You will love this accommodation if:

You like dogs and are not bothered by the overpowering smell of dog in the room.
You don't mind towels and sheets stinking like they have been washed with the dog's blanket.
You don't mind breakfasting with other dog owners - and their dogs
You don't mind parting with your cash up front.
You are not particular about pristine hygiene even though you are paying hotel prices for a room in a house in the middle of nowhere.

There were clumps of dog hair matted under the rugs, the dust was caked on various things like glasses and shelves and around the edge of the shower. The teacups looked like they got a cursory rinse under the tap rather than a proper wash and the kettle was caked in dog hair.

We had booked two nights and left after one without breakfast. The owner was not interested in finding out why, nor when we gave her feedback has she responded and offered us any refund or compensation.

So, if you don't mind all of these things then by all means stay. Not a mistake we shall make again in a hurry.

Room Tip: Stay elsewhere.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple