Stayed early June 2014. BEDROOM - Beautiful scenery is what you are paying for here. The hotel was nice and decorated lovely, but the room was so hot. No through draft lead us and other guests to have a poor nights sleep. When we tried to get cold water from the bathroom tap it was at the same temperature as the hot. The underfloor heating and towel rails being on enhanced the humid room conditions (window wide open). The beds are very comfortable though. FOOD - The lunch order was incorrect, the reserved table for dinner was not taken properly (3 times lucky), and then I was served part of the order (sides missing). Do not order white wine - its was not even chilled - no ice for the ice buckets. Breakfast in the morning was also incorrectly taken, but nice. I would return for passing "lite bite" lunch only. The speed of service was good but it would appear that no-one reconciles the order to the menu taken? However the food itself was good quality.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Port William Inn at Trebarwith Strand, near Tintagel, is a wonderful pub and restaurant on the North Cornwall coast, renowned for excellent pub food and a comfortable welcoming bar. There is also 4 star accommodation, with all 8 hotel rooms having a very high standard of finish and superb sea views, down to the sea and the dramatic cliffs. Magnificently situated, The Port William Inn nestles into the cliffs overlooking the dramatic Trebarwith Strand on the North Cornwall coast. When out, the tide reveals a mile of golden sand which can be viewed from the bar, the conservatory dining area and from the inn's eight luxurious en suite hotel bedrooms. Once you have visited we are sure you will agree there is no other inn in Cornwall with a location to match that of the Port William. You are also welcome to enjoy the inn's excellent food and drink from the bar and restaurant, while enjoying the superb views from our outside terrace. The Port William lies on the famous Cornwall coast path and is a very popular stop off point for walkers. Trebarwith Strand also offers a surf school and has Life Guards during the summer months. A short drive takes you to local golf courses and tennis courts while the world famous Tintagel Castle and Island are just a short walk along the coast path. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Port William Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Port William Hotel Tintagel
- Port William Inn Tintagel, Cornwall