We spent a week in Trebarwith Strand and often found ourselves in The Port William Inn. It's a lovely pub with fantastic views over the bay, the one thing that lets this place down is the kitchen. We ate there 3 times (there's not a lot of choice in Trebarwith Strand) and every time we were there we either had a problem with our food or heard other people complaining about there's. On the first night I heard a lady complain that her cod and chips was still frozen in the middle. The second night my fiancé ordered curry and instead of mango chutney it came with salsa (they had ran out of mango chutney and instead of telling us, they just threw some salsa on instead) and I had mussels, half of which we're closed and had gone a little bad. On the third night I had crab cakes which were small, overdone and felt like they'd come straight from a freezer (basically they tasted like coasters). We also sat there with our food in front us for a good 3 minutes with no cutlery, in the end I had to go find some myself. Even when we weren't eating there, we heard apologies from the bar staff about mistakes being made in the kitchen.
Like I say, it's a lovely pub and the front of house staff were fantastic, but better kitchen staff would mean that the bar team wouldn't have to keep say "I'm sorry" so much.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Port William Inn at Trebarwith Strand, near Tintagel, is a wonderful pub and restaurant on the North Cornwall coast, renowned for excellent pub food and a comfortable welcoming bar. There is also 4 star accommodation, with all 8 hotel rooms having a very high standard of finish and superb sea views, down to the sea and the dramatic cliffs. Magnificently situated, The Port William Inn nestles into the cliffs overlooking the dramatic Trebarwith Strand on the North Cornwall coast. When out, the tide reveals a mile of golden sand which can be viewed from the bar, the conservatory dining area and from the inn's eight luxurious en suite hotel bedrooms. Once you have visited we are sure you will agree there is no other inn in Cornwall with a location to match that of the Port William. You are also welcome to enjoy the inn's excellent food and drink from the bar and restaurant, while enjoying the superb views from our outside terrace. The Port William lies on the famous Cornwall coast path and is a very popular stop off point for walkers. Trebarwith Strand also offers a surf school and has Life Guards during the summer months. A short drive takes you to local golf courses and tennis courts while the world famous Tintagel Castle and Island are just a short walk along the coast path. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Port William Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Port William Hotel Tintagel
- Port William Inn Tintagel, Cornwall