“Certainly the best b&b I've ever stayed in!!!!!!!!”
Review of Trevenna Lodge

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Tintagel
Trevenna Lodge
Ranked #8 of 24 Tintagel B&B and Inns
Reviewed 11 September 2013

There are only two words to describe Trevenna Lodge,and that is "ABSOLUTELY BRILLIANT".
My fiance and myself stayed for 3 nights from Sun 8th Sept. We booked last minute and stayed in room No.4 . Once this place gets really well known, we would strongly advise anybody not to leave it so late to make a reservation as it is by far the best b&b I've ever stayed in, Our thanks to Caroline, Colin and Vivienne for the warm welcome,great brekkies,superb decor and just being really lovely genuine people, Nothing was too much trouble and we felt really at home as soon as we arrived. 10/10 is the minimum rating for this true gem, we will definitely be returning time and time again..........Thanks for everything.....Steve & Tarina.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank steve l
Caroline V, Owner at Trevenna Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 14 September 2013

Thank you very much for the fantastic review! We are thrilled that you had such a wonderful stay with us here at Trevenna. We very much enjoyed meeting you and chatting while you were here. We are delighted that you felt so at home with us and we certainly hope to welcome you back again soon! All the best, Caroline, Colin and Vivienne

Reviewed 6 September 2013

Great location close to town and short walk into the historic Tintagel castle. The place felt very homely (Vivienne & Colin) and the breakfasts were superb start to the day. Thoroughly enjoyable stay and would recommend.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your kind review, we are delighted that you enjoyed your stay (and the breakfasts!) at Trevenna Lodge. We enjoyed meeting you and we certainly hope to welcome you back again one day! Warmest regards, Caroline and family

Reviewed 31 August 2013

Where do I start? With the gorgeous interior that takes your breath as you walk into the b&b? The spacious rooms with stunning en- suites and apt decor? The amazing breakfast made much from local produce? Or the wonderful, welcoming hard working owners who made our stay such a pleasure?!
My boyfriend and I visited for a few days over the bank holiday and I've never experienced such a welcome. You automatically feel at home as soon as you walk in through the gorgeous blue gate, you're shown up to your rooms and given a tour of the building and the breakfast is honestly fantastic. I was told that Vivienne, Caroline and Colin often visit farmer's markets and shows to find the best local food, and it's so worth it! The yogurt is delicious, and Colin also cooks a wonderful fry up to get you started for the day. It's run by a family who work so well together and have spent a lot of time renovating, and decorating and I can't recommend it enough! Ashleigh, Colin, Vivienne and Caroline- we cannot wait to come back!! Thank you :)

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank flopflopflip

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review, we so appreciate your generous comments and positive feedback! We are delighted that you had a comfortable and pleasant stay with us, and that you felt so welcome and at home here. We will look forward to welcoming you back again one day! Warmest regards, Caroline and family

Reviewed 24 August 2013

Stayed with my husband and 16 year old son for three nights we booked a double room with an adjacent single room for our son on the second floor. This option was perfect for us as we all had our own space (in previous B&B's we've had to share a family room which is fine for younger families, but at 16 a young adult sharing with Mom & Dad is not ideal) There is also free wi-fi in all the rooms which was really handy for our iPhones and iPads.

Accommodation - lovely traditional english house with great views and has been renovated so everywhere is fresh, bright and relaxing as well as being clean and tidy. Our bedrooms were complete with low ceilings and beams. The bedrooms we stayed in had a high quality finish such as memory foam mattress, feather quilts and pillows, quality towels and toiletries. There was a wide selection of teas, hot chocolate and coffees. This gave the feeling of 'home from home' can honestly say we have never slept so well on holiday before.

Breakfast - fabulous wide choice everything was cooked fresh to order and there was a buffet of fresh fruit, cereal and yoghurt. Most items were sourced locally the sausages in particular were great.

Hosts - nothing is too much trouble for the family who run the place. Everyone was welcoming and friendly especially Caroline who showed us to our room and was always on hand with some sight seeing advice and local tips. They all obviously work hard to ensure you have the best stay but somehow make it look easy! The rooms are cleaned everyday with fresh towels and nice touches like chocolates and biscuits.

Overall we had a great stay and will definitely go back we would recommend to anyone wanting to visit Tintagel or the surrounding area as this would make a good base

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Traceylou09

Thank you for all the kind comments, it is lovely to get such positive feedback from our guests! It is nice to know that the work and extra attention we put into the B&B is appreciated. We certainly enjoyed having you to stay at Trevenna and we hope to welcome you back again soon! Warm regards, Caroline

Reviewed 28 July 2013

We stayed at Trevenna Lodge the 16th of July, and fortunately we weren't welcomed by Bonnie the Cat (we met her a little later) but by Vivian, who kindly showed us the way for room #1.

Once we brought our bags upstairs, Vivian and her husband Fred suggested us to have a walk at the church, the one that we could see from our window. Great suggestion, since it's a very suggestive place ! Moreover, we asked if it was possible to eat fresh crab and they suggested us a nice place in town !

Talking about the room, it was VERY NICE ! It was clear that the whole room was renewed very recently (we later found out it was just last winter) and with a delightful taste !
The bathroom was very clean (and that would be more than enough) and once more you could bet that the renovation was VERY RECENT !

Being Tintagel a metropolis, it was very hard to fall asleep with all the noises.... of course I am joking, and being Trevenna Lodge a little out of the center, the place was so calm that there wasn't any noise and we slept VERY WELL !

Let's talk about the breakfast: everything was cooked by Vivian and presented by her daughter Caroline. I had a wonderful homelette and my wife a tasty salmon with eggs: we both agree in saying that it's rare to have such a great breakfast !

Last but not least, we asked for a suggestion on the best way to arrive to our next destination and we had Ashleigh (daughter of Caroline) showing us the best ways to travel in Cornwall and giving advices on the best places to visit.

Summing up, we had 3 generations of kind girls helping us to have the best stay possible... not a thing that happens every day ! We consider ourselves VERY LUCKY in finding Trevenna Lodge, and if we will ever come back, we'll return for sure !

Room Tip: Room #1 is a great choice - very large, very clean, very renewed, and if you look out you see the ch...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank WalkingAboutWorld
Caroline V, Owner at Trevenna Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2013

We were so happy to read this wonderful review! Thank you for taking the time to write it and for posting the nice photos as well. We are thrilled that you had such a pleasant stay with us and we certainly enjoyed meeting you both. We hope you had a lovely time on the rest of your travels in England and we hope that we will one day welcome you back to Trevenna Lodge! Warm regards, Caroline and family

Reviewed 28 July 2013

Really wanted to comment on what an excellent find this B&B is. I've been working not far from Tintagel off and on this summer and have stayed at Trevenna Lodge on a few occasions now. It is very comfortable (great beds!), very clean and the family running it (and their cats) are exceptionally friendly (a special thanks to Caroline for being so thoughtful and helpful with everything) It's all been refurbished recently and is looking fresh and stylish, lots of nice little extra touches too. Nice sea views from the room, great to wake up to. Breakfast is superb with lots of choice - loved the porridge, it set me up for the day.
Overall very good value for money!
I recommended it to a couple of my staff and they also had only good things to say about it. Will most definitely stay when down this way again and would suggest it to others for holidays, a very relaxing place to have a break for sure.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for taking time to send us this positive feedback! We are so pleased to hear that you have enjoyed your stays with us here at Trevenna Lodge over this past summer. You are always most welcome here and we hope to see you again soon! Kindest regards, Caroline

Reviewed 23 July 2013

Reading through the reviews, I'm apparently the only person in the recent past who doesn't love this place. Perhaps it's me, but I'm just here trying to give my honest opinion.

I was quite excited to stay in Cornwall, especially in Tintagel. However, I was semi-let down by this place. First, you walk through a gate (that I wasn't even sure I was supposed to walk through) and are greeted by a cat. (At other B&B's the owner's would come out to greet us.) You walk into what appears to be a reception area, but all you see are three doors with "Private" marked on them, almost like you're a contestant on "Let's Make A Deal". We rang the bell and a lady who was nice enough came to meet us. She seemed a little disorganized, but showed us to our room in short order.

We stayed in Room #3, which was on the top floor. Before I continue further, make sure you watch your head climbing up the stairs as I whacked mine pretty good while carrying luggage up. Extremely low overhang, and I'm only 6'0". Unfortunately, this continued in the room, as it was a vaulted ceiling with large beams in the room, which forced me to almost walk sideways most of the time. There was a "closet" in the corner (under the vaulted ceiling), but it was separated from the room by a curtain, which was rather tacky. Unfortunately, the bed was so large in the space next to it, doors wouldn't work, so a curtain was the only option.

The bathroom (which, is now en suite, contrary to some earlier posts that it was across the hall) is quite large, but unfortunately, it's about 70 percent wasted space. Once again, blame the vaulted ceilings. The toilet is in an awkward place behind the door, and although there is a large corner bath with shower head, there lacks a shower curtain. So a bath/shower-esque experience was had. Perhaps this is the awkward American in me, but my thought is, either have a bath, or have a combination; but don't just put a shower head in the bathtub and call it good.

Breakfast was good, in a nice open area downstairs. Although it was a tad slow, our hostess told us that one of her cousins (who normally did the cooking) was on holiday in London that week, so cooking was a little slower.

All-in-all, the place looked a bit run-down, however at the same time, I realize that the new owners were still renovating and getting everything where they wanted it. After seeing the pictures, I was excited for a spacious room with a sea or castle view and potentially a fireplace in my room. (Even though it was hot that week, and wouldn't have been used, still would have been cool.) Unfortunately, I got an extremely cramped room, with very little space, a headache from walking up the stairs, and views of the house next door.

Personally, I was not impressed; however, if I would have had a different room, this review may have been much different. With that said, I won't make a recommendation (stay here or don't) either way. It served it's purposes of providing a bed and cleanliness and breakfast; it just had some quirks as well. Room #3 wasn't for me. Be aware that a few of the rooms aren't exactly what was advertised.

One of the benefits, is that it was within walking distance of the city. We walked to dinner the night we got there, and we walked to the castle the next day. The owners allowed us to leave our car parked in their "driveway" until we were done at the castle and ready to move on.

Room Tip: Avoid the top floor.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Cory J

Thank you for your review. I regret that it has taken me time to respond as we have had such a busy and wonderful first season and welcomed so many guests from all over the world. I am sorry that you feel that you did not have a good experience at Trevenna Lodge. Our website shows photographs of our accommodation and in no way misrepresents what we offer. Our goal is to welcome our guests to a friendly, clean and comfortable Bed and Breakfast. We work very hard everyday to achieve this.
We thank you for staying with us and wish you and your family all the best.