“fantastic place to stay, made to feel very welcome”

and 1 more site!
Bosayne Guest House
Ranked #5 of 24 Tintagel B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 31 August 2013

We area a family of five (children 9, 11 & 14) and found the cottage behind Bosayne guest house big enough for us to stay. Equipt with all the latest appliances, it was easy to prepare what ever food we needed, if we chose to stay in. Fould to be very clean, comfortable, and having all we needed to keep us entertained. The owners were incredibly welcoming and accommodating in all regards, just as they had been in 2006 when we stayed in the guest house. I would strongley recommend both the guset house and/or the cottage to friends and relatives.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 25 August 2013

Absolutely first class accommodation from Keith and Julie. Julie's breakfast cooking with adorable fresh bread and with better-than-traditional cooking reflecting Keith's Aberdonian origins (e.g. Aberdeen buttery; less salt than the trad, and veggie-friendly) makes for an excellent start to the day. Fantastic welcome from Keith who ensured our bags were dealt with whilst we parked the car. The room was spacious and the bed comfortable. Coffee and tea making facilities and a small cooler/fridge in our room which held the fresh milk that Keith provided - no plastic pots of long-life milk here. Small hair dryer and loo/electric shower attached to our en-suite room. We went for a sea-view and were not disappointed. Don't expect to see the impressive cliff scenery without a short walk from the front door, but the house is sited such that the front has reasonable views of the sea. From the church, Bosayne is quite prominent suggesting a reason for why the upper-storey views are good.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 August 2013 via mobile

Perfect place for me! Just at the end of coast path, with a lovely view, cozy and comfortable room, kindness, wonderful kindness of the owners, attention to the environment, love for cats... What else can I ask from my stay? To be longer, maybe.
Keith and Julie are exquisite, kind, polite. Their place is nice, clean, well organised.
The hospitality is wonderful: I arrived there after 18 km by foot...Keith offered me a tea and a slice of chocolate cake. As they got I am a cat lover, showed me theirs. I would like to stay more!

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 25 July 2013

The couple that ran this B&B were so nice! I went in May with my mom and were greeted upon arrival with tea and homemade cake. They provided a good breakfast every morning and an optional bagged lunch for an extra fee. Helpful with directions to local attractions. Within walking distance of Tintagel Castle ruins.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 July 2013

We booked this B&B very last minute nevertheless when we arrived Kieth was there to greet and show us our room which was very clean with a fantastic view of the sea and the Camelot Castle Hotel. We had everything we needed in our room; several varieties of tea bags, coffee and hot chocolate, fresh milk was also provided and kept in a small chiller which was handy to have as it was very hot when we visited in July. A nice touch along with the biscuits on the tea tray, was a handful of sweets left on the dressing table. A gorgeous lavendar and geranium shower gel was provided for guests, There was a great choice on the breakfast menu, the home made granola was particularly good and so were the home made breads. Kieth was very knowledgable, advised us on local walks and lent us a map to use. Julie kindly made us a packed lunch to take away with us when we left, it was delicious, especially the home made cake. We love Cornwall and would definitely stay at the Bosayne Guest House in Tintagel again.

Room Tip: We would recommend room 3 on the first floor, although the ensuite was small but adequate.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 July 2013

We were warmly welcomed in this B&B, which is conveniently located near the path that bring to Tintagel castle. Our room was a bit old fashioned, but I think it was in line with a country house as Bosayne is. Breakfast was really gorgeous: we chose the continental breakfast and they gave us homemade cinnamon rolls and breads. Everything was delicious, and I felt really sad because I couldn't finish all those good things, but it was realy too much for me! Free wireless and private car park. Great value.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Keith W, Owner at Bosayne Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2013

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay with us. We are pleased you found our B&B satisfactory and the location your liking. If your stay was comfortable and breakfast enjoyable, we are happy that you believe us to provide good value, Thank you again for your review.

Reviewed 18 July 2013 via mobile

I stayed at this wonderful B and B a few years back, and being a Tour Guide from Glastonbury I bring all my guests traveling to Cornwall here and all of them love it.
Julie and Keith are so friendly the minute you walk through the door, offering you homemade cakes and tea. Then the Breakfast is to die for, all local good fresh produce, home made biscuits and granola, and little books of local interest on each table is a lovely touch.
The rooms and decked out with everything you need, tea, coffee, tv, sound system and even a dressing gown. Then the view!!! It's right on the cliffs looking out to the see framed with Camalot Castle and a sunset.
I hope to bring all my guests here for many years to come. Keep up the good work. :-)

• Stayed: July 2013

Many thanks for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. We appreciate your generous comments and hope your own travelling guests enjoyed their visit to Tintagel.