“A LOVELY STAY”

Bosayne Guest House
Ranked #5 of 24 Tintagel B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 31 March 2014

We stayed for 2 nights for a stress free break from work. We had a lovely welcome. Nice pot of tea and home made cake.The room was very clean and there was certainly attention to detail including cotton buds, cotton wool and safety pins for guests use. There were also chocolates left every day . The breakfast was delicious with a good choice of home made bread and a varied menu that catered for all. Julie and Keith are a really nice couple. My husband and I would have no hesitation in booking to stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank susan h
Keith W, Owner at Bosayne Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay with us. It is very pleasing to read you rated our facilities and offerings so highly. We wish you well and look forward to welcoming you both back in the future.

Reviewed 16 November 2013

I stayed once in the B&B and three times in the little Cottage behind the main house. I love the area and I could not wish for a nicer place to stay.
The Room in the B&B was just what I expect of a Bed and Breakfast in Cornwall. Nice, cosy, no modern furniture and nice owners. The breakfast was also very good. It was my 30st Birthday and they surprised me with a cake!!
The Bosayne Cottage is - for me - just wunderfull. It's small, just one room on the ground level and one on top (and a bathroom), but it has everything that's needed, even for a 2 week stay! A huge fridge, a microwave, oven and everything to cook with. The only thing we missed, where a bit more spoons. ;) Everything runs electric, it takes a bit of getting used to, but after a day, you know what to do to get hot water etc. Very welcome is the dvd player and the internet. On a rainy day watching a movie (you have to bring your own or rent one at the "spar" store) makes it feel like home.

My mom stayed with me in the B&B and she liked it very much, too. My Dad from Canada stayed in the Cottage and he absolutly loved it, he told me. My two friends from Germany stayed twice with me in the Cottage and they will come again!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Seraphina D
Reviewed 4 November 2013

Just spent three nights here for a long weekend in Tintagel. The guest house is in a fabulous location visiting the town, castle and attractions in and around Tintagel, but also as a base for exploring North Cornwall. Keith welcomed us on arrival and showed us our twin room with ensuite, which was small but had everything we needed. The beds were comfy and the room was warm, which was very welcome after a day out in the wind and rain! There is also parking at the back. The breakfasts here are fab and sourced locally, you simply must try Julie's multi-seeded bread. All the breads are homemade and delicious. For a contribution to Cornwall WildlifeTrust Julie will let you have a copy of the recipe. We found Keith to be an excellent host, friendly and very welcoming. We would not hesitate to recommend this guest house and would like to return one day.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 October 2013

Situated in the quieter part of the town, nice views to both sides of the house, apart from the hideous hotel half a mile futher, near the coast but the owners of Bosayne guesthouse can't help that. Nice and comfortable room, very clean, nice breakfast and on request a very nice lunch-picknick for our walk. A lot of interesting reading material available and also maps and walking suggestions. The pub's and restaurants, Tintagel castle and the coast path are only a few minutes away. We felt very welcome here.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 19Marjan75
Reviewed 13 October 2013 via mobile

This was our third visit to this lovely b and b, this was a special visit as we decided to spend 4 days of our honeymoon here before going away for a week. as always we had a warm welcome lovely comfortable room with a bath, which was needed after the walking we did, breakfast was delicious, the bacon and sausages first class and you had so much to choose from. As we left julie and keith gave as chocolates and a beautiful love poem for our honeymoon, lovely touch and me and my husband will certainly be back, oh and loved the chocs in the room nice touch .

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 September 2013

Julie and Keith are really nice people and obviously take great pride in providing a comfortable, spotless and very welcoming guest house. I booked a single room (5) and had a great stay. The house is situated minutes from the coastal paths and the centre of Tintagel. The price is very reasonable and includes breakfast, which is a treat in itself.

Room Tip: For a single room number 5 was spacious and very comfortable.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 31 August 2013

We area a family of five (children 9, 11 & 14) and found the cottage behind Bosayne guest house big enough for us to stay. Equipt with all the latest appliances, it was easy to prepare what ever food we needed, if we chose to stay in. Fould to be very clean, comfortable, and having all we needed to keep us entertained. The owners were incredibly welcoming and accommodating in all regards, just as they had been in 2006 when we stayed in the guest house. I would strongley recommend both the guset house and/or the cottage to friends and relatives.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family