Stayed here for one night for a relaxing break away from it all. Was a bit unsure after reading previous reviews but I was pleasantly surprised. The staff were very helpful from giving us an oil heater for the room (was a bit chilly but heating was then turned up) to providing a packed lunch at very short notice and photocopying our walking book to save the pages from getting wet! The room was spacious and quite modern. The bathroom needed a little lick of paint but not enough to bother us. The evening meal had a choice of about 5 starters, mains and desserts. At first we thought it was quite a small choice but I think the smaller menu meant that the choices that were on the menu were cooked to perfection and the food was delicious. Very good value at £19.95 for three courses. The bar was comfortable and there was plenty of seating areas around reception too. The breakfast was a buffet and there was a large selection of cereal and a very good cooked breakfast with the most fantastic scrambled egg! The packed lunch cost less than £5 and included sandwiches, crisps, fruit, chocolate/tracker bar and a large selection of raisons/nuts/pork pie etc. We would denifnately recommend this hotel for a good value, excellent food and comfortable place to stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Country House takes its name from the novel by Sir Walter Scott, with the oldest part of the building dating back to the 1830s, and enjoys a stunning location in the quaint Peak District village of Thorpe. The Country House has 11 acres of manicured gardens and grounds and the towering hill of Thorpe Cloud as a backdrop. A footpath leads directly from the house to the famous stepping stones on the River Dove, on the Derbyshire and Staffordshire border ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Peveril of the Peak Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Peveril Of The Peak
- Peveril Of The Peak Hotel Dovedale, Derbyshire