We have just returned from the Peverill following a birthday weekend for my Aunt. Eighteen of us stayed as a group and we had a brilliant time. The rooms were lovely and warm. The 3 course evening meal was delicious, I had the Linguine which was so tasty. The service from all staff was second to none from Steve and Yvonne on reception and bar to all the restaurant staff. The hotel itself is warm and inviting with the log burning fire and leather settees. Although we didnt use the outside verandahs we could imagine ourselves sat out with a cold drink on a lovely summers evening. Several walks around the area cater for all capabilities from the ambler to the avid walker.
All in all a warm and inviting hotel we will be sure to return to in the coming months.
Thanks Peverill of the Peak for making my Aunts Birthday so special.
Sue & Ian
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Country House takes its name from the novel by Sir Walter Scott, with the oldest part of the building dating back to the 1830s, and enjoys a stunning location in the quaint Peak District village of Thorpe. The Country House has 11 acres of manicured gardens and grounds and the towering hill of Thorpe Cloud as a backdrop. A footpath leads directly from the house to the famous stepping stones on the River Dove, on the Derbyshire and Staffordshire border ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Traveltool, S.L.U., Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, HotelQuickly and Priceline so you can book your Peveril of the Peak Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Peveril Of The Peak
- Peveril Of The Peak Hotel Dovedale, Derbyshire