“Meant to be.”

Ranked #3 of 11 things to do in Clovelly
Vancouver
“Meant to be.”
Reviewed 14 August 2014

My new husband and I tried to email Jana the night before we left Chagford for Clovelly but we had no wifi once we left the next morning- and knew we had left it all too late. We were philosophical about it, knowing we'd enjoy the visit anyway. As it turned out Jana was outside the lineup as we waited our turn to pay. She was addressing the crowd right beside us. We spoke to her and we were so happy to have a tour with her. The village is lovely, but Jana knew interesting tidbits about all the buildings, the donkeys, local present day life and tiny details that would have slipped by us unnoticed. She a wealth of knowledge and very personable. I feel I made a new friend that day! That she is originally from a town near where we live in Canada was an added treat. She told us how she ended up in Clovelly and I admire her sense of adventure! Thanks for all the other tips too, Jana. We enjoyed the rest of our driving tour. Thank you for making this special ancestral visit so memorable!

I too, feel the tour was worth much more than she charges.

Lara (& Ron)

Visited August 2014
Jana E, Owner at Clovelly Village Walking Tours, responded to this review, 12 September 2014
Dear Lara and Ron,

Thank you very much for writing me such a great review!
It was wonderful to meet you and very special for me.It is people like you that make my job so great!
I hope the rest of your honeymoon was lovely and magical. I suppose by now you are back home enjoying your new married life and I wish you all the best.
If you are ever back here please do come and say HELLO!

Kind Regards,
Jana

Royal Tunbridge Wells, United Kingdom
“Made our visit so much more worthwhile!”
Reviewed 10 August 2014

Jana was fantastic and far too cheap in my opinion! Her knowledge of Clovelly was astounding and informative. Lovely, warm and friendly person, she made the history come alive!

Ladies from Tunbridge Wells

London, United Kingdom
68 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Great extra to Clovelly”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Went to Clovelly in Devon with my husband and son and thoroughly enjoyed the walking tour. It was £3 extra per person in your party but was well worth the money - we walked round as a family not part of a big group. The lady was very friendly and answered all our questions (including my enthusiastic 13 year old who she kept the interest of). She told the history about the place, who owned it and how it came to be as it is now. You can just walk round the village yourself if you wish but we thought for the money this was really worth it. Would recommend if you go to Clovelly. Clovelly itself is a pretty, quant village - very interesting when you find out how people still live there!

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The History and Story Behind Clovelly”
Reviewed 18 July 2014

Jana Edwards has immersed herself in Clovelly's storied past, and reveals it passionately as she leads you down the cobbled steps to the ancient harbor below.. She piques your interest and encourages your own discovery of a centuries old fishing village nestled in the cliffs overlooking a sometimes treacherous sea. This tour is a must for those who want to enrich their brief visit to this fascinating place.

Visited July 2014
North Hampton, New Hampshire
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Great information about this special place”
Reviewed 10 July 2014

Jana's tour made our trip to Clovelly so much more worthwhile. Her knowledge of its history helped the place come alive. It made our visit more meaningful and enjoyable to learn about the families that have owned the village and the benefactor who saved it from ruin.

Visited July 2014