“Lovely”

Ranked #6 of 11 things to do in Clovelly
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Reviewed 21 May 2014

We went in to the silk shop at the end of our walk up and down the village. It really is worth going to and the owner was so lovely and we really enjoyed chatting to him. Well worth popping in to this lovely little shop.

1  Thank ToriaEmily
clovellysilk, Owner at Clovelly Silk Shop, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2014

Thank you for taking the trouble to review our silk shop.
You spoke to Bill and he remembers your lovely family very well.
We hope you enjoyed your visit to Clovelly and look forward to seeing you all again some day.

Reviewed 25 September 2013

I have just returned from a wonderful Devore scarf day at Clovelly Silk. I haven't enjoyed myself so much in ages! Ann and Bill were great, really supportive and encouraging. I have made two gorgeous scarves and am very proud of my wonderful creations :) I highly recommend having a go at making your own scarf as it is brilliant fun and very rewarding. On our next holiday I shall be booking another session and will take my daughter along so she can have a go too. Brilliant!

clovellysilk, Owner at Clovelly Silk Shop, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2013

Thank you so much for you wonderful review! We are delighted that you enjoyed your time with us at Clovelly Silk ~ Thank you also, for posting the fantastic photos! We loved working with you, helping you to create your beautiful Devoré scarves! We very much look forward to seeing you again in the future and meeting your daughter too! :)

Reviewed 17 September 2013 via mobile

Take no notice of that previous review as this was far from the experience I had at this Shop, I was greeted by a kindly Man who was busy but wiped his hands off to come and see if I needed help, I bought a beautiful Scarf for my Mothers Birthday, it was wrapped beautifully , the Man I believe to be called Bill was old English Charm and Manners, a quaint setting tucked in along with the delightful Donkeys and pretty Flowers planted around, a must see visit in your walk through Clovelly, I was escorted to the Door and waved off on my way, it's rare to find proper old fashioned service like I found here, I wonder if there is a online shop/ website I might use please ?

2  Thank Dollyland
clovellysilk, Owner at Clovelly Silk Shop, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2013

Thank you so very much for your wonderful review of your visit to us at Clovelly Silk! You have absolutely made Bill's day! :)
We are delighted that you enjoyed your visit to Clovelly and hope that your Mother is pleased with the scarf you bought her!
Our website is: www.clovellysilk.com and from our website, you will find links to our Facebook, Twitter and Instagram accounts!

Reviewed 15 September 2013

I was shocked to read a negative review for this amazing place as my own experience was wonderful. I booked for a days devore course in March and loved it so much I stayed on for another day. Ann and Bill were totally encouraging and inspiring. It was one of the most enjoyably creative days I have ever spent. They are both enormously experienced people and I felt privileged to have their guidance and company. I have just booked for another day at the beginning of October ( - for which I will be making well over a 600 mile trip).
For me it was, and continues to be a brilliant experience that I would strongly recommend.

2  Thank Lib2

Thank you very much for your fantastic review! We are thrilled that you enjoyed your time with us at Clovelly Silk and that you found the Devore Courses so enjoyable!
We look forward to welcoming you back at The Silk Shop in October and will be sure to have lots of tea and cake on offer to help after your 600 mile trip! :)

Reviewed 11 September 2013

My daughter gave me a 'Clovelly Silk' voucher for my birthday and together we spent a wonderful day in Clovelly making devore silk scarves. Ann and Ellie Jarvis, the mother and daughter team who teach the classes - in our case just the two of us - inspired and encouraged us to create amazing patterns, giving us the confidence to apply them to the silk which resulted in beautiful scarves we take pleasure in wearing. The voucher price of £50 covered all materials used during the day, endless cups of tea and coffee with homemade cakes and entry to beautiful Clovelly Village. A thoroughly enjoyable day which I would highly recommend.

1  Thank saucepanlyd

Thank you so much for your lovely review! We never cease to be amazed at the incredible designs that are produced during our courses and we are absolutely delighted that you are so pleased with your beautiful Devore scarves... How wonderful!
Do please send us photographs of your finished scarves... We LOVE to see them! Visit our website www.clovellysilk.com and you'll find all of our contact details! :)