“Magnificent, and the view.”

Taylor's Restaurant
Ranked #10 of 98 Restaurants in Dartmouth
Price range: US$27 - US$53
Cuisines: British
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Relaxed, quaility dining in Dartmouth's oldest established restaurant run hands on by the proprietors. Excellent river and harbour views with delicious dishes prepared by our classically trained Chef/ Proprietor. Professional service and style.
Reviewed 2 August 2014

Fine dining at its best. Great service, beautiful food & wines. Stay Browns Hotel. Visit Seahorse & Rockfish too. Did I mention the view from Taylor's?

Reviewed 29 July 2014

From the decor and ambience to the fabulous food and service. Everything was perfect. Every table was full and there was a great atmosphere. We chose a lobster starter and main course .... yum, yum. Good wine list. Huge window overlooking the harbour. It was an amazing evening and we would definitely go again. Fabulous.

Reviewed 24 July 2014

Had a lovely two course lunch here for £15.50.
Food was delicious, service was impeccable.
Atmosphere was calm, relaxed and sophisticated.
Restaurant not suitable for families with small children.

1  Thank Roseanne B
Reviewed 20 July 2014

Dartmouth has an excellent selection of restaurants and this one of the best. Good choice of dishes, mostly fish as you would expect and having visited twice in the week all selections were delicious. Lovely to sit by the open window over looking the quay. Worth knowing restaurant on first floor. Yes, staff know many of the patrons but most good restaurants get repeat custom and we weren't treated like intruders - nice atmosphere.

Reviewed 18 July 2014 via mobile

On our last night on holiday we decided to visit Dartmouth for our evening meal. I must say I was very disappointed with the choice of restaurants until by accident we spotted this sign for Taylor's Restaurant, walking through the door not quite knowing what to expect, then up the stairs. And oh my word it was beautiful ! Greeted by a very warm welcome and shown to a lovely table near the window. Drinks were a bit hit and miss, myself and my husband both had diet coke but my glass had three quarters in and my husbands was a full glass. The food is a little pricey and not very big portions BUT the food was amazing ! Beautifully cooked and very well presented, staff very friendly. I would recommend giving it a visit but would only go once during the holiday.