“Amazing!”

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Northamptonshire, United Kingdom
“Amazing!”
Reviewed 19 July 2014

Amazing food with an awesome view down the River Dart! Highly recommended! Will definitely go to again

Visited July 2014
2 Thank Sarah W

Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Must try if you are in Dartmouth”
Reviewed 12 July 2014

We visited Dartmouth for my son's passing out parade. I would definitely recommend this restaurant. We had 3 generations of family all with differing tastes; steak, fish and pizza all brilliant; vegetables beautiful.
We booked early and had a fantastic view of the bay; I have been abroad to lots of different countries and the view was equal to many of the views in Greece etc.
The staff were fantastic and the meal was excellent value for money.
Would definitely go back there and would also recommend.
The only down side for me is that from the outside it does not look much; a little run down and my mum felt that the toilet next to the kitchen was off putting; but everything else fantastic.

1 Thank winenoodles
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Well worth a visit.”
Reviewed 10 July 2014 via mobile

Although I visit Dartmouth regularly it has been about 12 years since I last visited Sails. Previously it was OK but seemed to be run by keen amateurs and had just an air of Fawlty Towers about it. I even had my main course taken from me, after I had started on it, because ' it was for someone else' !
This time I wanted somewhere to celebrate my wedding anniversary with two friends who were celebrating theirs on the same day. We chose Sails precisely because we had not been for years and wanted a change. When booking we asked for a table in the window and, unusually for Dartmouth, that's exactly what we got. The menu was varied and imaginative and the table d'hôte menu was very good value. I was also very impressed that you could incorporate any of the day's specials in the table d'hôte if you wished. This is a relatively informal restaurant and the service was friendly yet attentive. We all enjoyed our meal immensely, we all commented on the excellent value and well priced wines and we will all return. Excellent.

Visited July 2014
2 Thank Chris D
Dartmouth, United Kingdom
“Best Restaurant in Dartmouth”
Reviewed 9 July 2014

Four of us visited Sails on tues evening July8th 2014. The food was excellent and the service
very good. Our two friends are strict vegetarians and we were delighted with the choices on
offer for them. Everything was cooked beautifully and being able to select from different
menus was a large bonus. Prices were very fair and we will certainly recommend to others.

Many thanks to you both for making it so enjoyable and the lovely window seating!!

Fran & Roger

1 Thank Roger P
Worcester, United Kingdom
“Wonderful food”
Reviewed 8 July 2014

Amazing food and generous portions, we had steak and paella followed by sticky toffee pud.
The only disappointment is the decor. The canvas sign around the bar would be stunning if freshened up as would the main mirror and toilets. However, the view of the quay is second to none and the ambience is good. Our Tastecard was welcome although it is preferred that you book by phone. We would definitely re-visit.

1 Thank Tracy A