“Best value in Dartmouth”

The Floating Bridge Inn
Ranked #14 of 97 Restaurants in Dartmouth
Cuisines: Seafood, British, Gastropub
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Set alongside the beautiful river dart in the estuary at Dartmouth, The Floating Bridge is the latest addition to the Quality Inns portfolio. When on your Devon holiday, be sure to visit this quaint old fashioned pub. Enjoy the warm atmosphere in the bar or restaurant, or why not sit by the river and watch the boats in the Marina or the Higher Ferry transporting the cars to Kingswear. Relax with a glass of wine or Pimm's, why not try the fresh crab salad!
Reviewed 27 June 2014

Great location on the riverside adjacent the upper ferry. Great menu at very reasonable prices.
Pub offers indoor and outdoor dining either in the pub/restaurant or either roff top terrace or riverside terrace where you while away the time watching the pleasure crafts and ferries ont he very busy river Dart.
We had a light lunch and drinks and everything was served beautifully. The added bonus was the weather was superb and enabled uss to enjoy our lunch on the terrace. Be aware of the seagulls they are very greedy.

1  Thank Alan B
There are newer reviews for The Floating Bridge Inn

Reviewed 27 June 2014

Strolled along the quayside from town, & sat on the terrace by the ferry for a spot of lunch. 1st class view (great for people watching), good food, adequate service & reasonable value. Glad we hadn't read the bad reviews on here before we went, as they might have put us off - guess people must speak as they find, but hopefully the some of these experiences were very much "one offs" as were in no way disappointed with our experience & will definitely go back on future trips this way.

1  Thank Gaz_n_Gill
Reviewed 25 June 2014

Situated just a short walk along the river alongside the Higher Ferry, this hostelry offers a friendly service, well cooked, fresh and "good value for money" food that makes you want to return again and again - especially if you love fish and seafood. My husband and myself dropped in by chance and enjoyed eating al fresco during pleasantly warm evenings whilst watching the activity of life on the Dart as we ate.

Reviewed 23 June 2014

We stopped off for lunch and found this Pub almost by accident. Food was good, service was friendly and bathrooms very clean.

Reviewed 23 June 2014

A very quick review as its not my first and by way of a slight finger wag to the owners who have transformed this business into a real attraction in Dartmouth. I love the pub and I love the food but I was quite disappointed by my Crab Sandwich last Thursday lunchtime. I'm not storming off in a huff you understand but when I pay a tenner for a sandwich I don't want it cut from the short end of the loaf and I want it stuffed with crab ... see you next time for a "big" crab sandwich :-)