“OUTSTANDING”

Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Great British Dining Room
Reviewed 1 September 2014

Visited this small restaurant at the end of our holiday in Devon. It has an excellent location right on the quay front at Dartmouth very close to the Lower Ferry crossing.
From the moment we arrived the front of house staff were very jovial, helpful, polite and attentive. The menu is small but varied and additional daily specials are available. Much of the food is sourced locally.
The waitress was very well informed about the various meals on offer and also gave sound advice regarding the wine list.
All the food we had was prepared and cooked to perfection. My wife and I had steaks for our main course and both were outstanding - full of taste and cooked to specification! Very clean plates!!
We shall certainly come again when we next visit Dartmouth / Devon

1  Thank davenottinghamGB
There are newer reviews for Annabelles Kitchen

Reviewed 29 August 2014 via mobile

Last night we had yet another fantastic meal at this small but perfectly formed restaurant. The food is delicious and the service is out of this world. They even put our main course on hold so we could go and see the fireworks! My only negative is that they often run out of some of the specials fairly early on (ie by 8pm) so to avoid disappointment book earlier rather than later.
See you again next time we are here!

1  Thank GoldenFleece-2007
Reviewed 28 August 2014

Fantastically delicious food. Excellent restaurant, and superb service. And the view is an additional bonus, even if the weather doesn't always play ball!

1  Thank Nikkic75
Reviewed 23 August 2014 via mobile

This was our second trip to Annabelle's Kitchen and we couldn't recommend this restaurant more. The menu options include lovely fresh local produce and interesting twists on classic combinations. The service is quite brilliant and uniquely friendly- the manager is extremely welcoming and chatty, she recognised us although it had been a year since our last and only other visit. Definitely the best dining experience in Dartmouth.

1  Thank JessiepLondon
Reviewed 20 August 2014

Have just returned from a fabulous meal at Annabelles. It was one of the best meals I have eaten, so much so, that we cancelled another restaurant booking later in the week, so that we could come back here.
It is a cosy, intimate restaurant, but we did not feel overcrowded in anyway. The views are fabulous.
The staff were lovely, so friendly and added to our enjoyment of the evening.
I had the cheese and onion starter, which was amazing, the cheese cooked to perfection. I had steak for main with blue cheese bon bons, delightful. My husband had the duck, which he said was delicious.
It would have been rude not to try the puddings, so purely out of politeness, I had the chocolate fondant with salted caramel sauce. OMG! Divine. This alone would bring me back. My mouth is watering at the memory of it. My husband had Eton Mess, which he said was lovely, full of fruit and full of flavour.
I can not wait to go back. And as for the person who wrote the "terrible" review, he must be bonkers.