“Will never go back”

Cuisines: French
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 28 March 2014

Went in for lunch and had a panini which was ok , the ciabatta was very oily as it was heated , not a nice texture at all. Even though this was disappointing I was looking forward to picking up some cakes on the way out . I stood at the end of the glass counter thinking I'd be served there but I got glared at by the young boy who then made me walk to the other end of the counter and pretty much refused to acknowledge me until I did . I ordered a few cakes with no reply from the boy serving ..he just looked at me. Whilst getting my order he dropped the tongs he was using on the floor then carrying on picking the cakes out with them ! Just when you think it can't any worse he coughed and didn't even cover his mouth. I also got a dirty look when I asked for a different slice of cake . Who's the customer here ??!! It used to be nice , I think it's safe to say I'll never go back . One other suggestion ..staff presentation and some training on service wouldn't go a miss .

1  Thank Lovetoeat500
Saveurs-Dartmouth, Web co-ordinator at Saveurs, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2014

We are very sorry that you did not enjoy your visit. Your feedback has been noted as we aim to meet the needs of all customers.

Reviewed 22 March 2014

Lovely place. Warm friendly welcome, excellent range of homemade patisseries, and a superb range of home cooked hot dishes and specials. Short walk from the ferry adjacent (nearly) to the old market place.

The cheese counter bowled us over, so for a light lunch (for that read ample portion, one serving was enough for both of us...) we indulged in the cheese board and two glasses of wine. Excellent, thoroughly recommended.

Thank you for your comments on the cheeses available at Saveurs... They can also be bought to take away and enjoy at home.

Reviewed 21 March 2014

Too much choice... Delicious breads, cheeses and cakes ... Coffee x 2 stayed in here for a very long time couldn't make my mind up so much choice.

We're very pleased that you enjoyed our café, hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 9 March 2014

We are making arrangements for my daughters wedding and saw photos on the internet of some wonderful looking cakes. We travelled from Portsmouth and of course we had to try breakfast. This was truly excellent. We then met Julien to discuss what we needed. A lovely place to eat and full of French delicacies.

Saveurs-Dartmouth, Web Co-ordinator at Saveurs, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2014

Glad you liked the cakes on our website and enjoyed a breakfast on your visit. I'm sure Julien will create a beautiful and delicious cake for your daughter's wedding.

Reviewed 15 February 2014

To my surprise I was presented with the sight of the waiter's underwear. This may be the fashion at the moment but it is unforgiveable in a place where we are paying to eat and drink. Quite obviously the French owner does not realise the implications of allowing his wait staff to walk around the restaurant showing his underpants. Well Monsieur it is gross to say the least. The prices and quality indicate an upmarket establishment so this was alert down. If I had not been with my partner ( who was equally disgusted )I would have asked for my money back!! The same wait staff also had no idea how to wipe a table down..he merely swept all the crumbs off and of course on to the seats, so that when my partner got up to leave I noticed her trousers were of course covered in crumbs. Collect the crumbs in your hand nincompoop which keeps the restaurant looking tidy!!!

1  Thank Kenty114