“Wonderful!”

Exeter, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Wonderful!”
Reviewed 20 April 2014

Visited with family and we had a toddler with us, the staff were great with her and made us feel like old friends! The cake selection is great and everyone said how great they tasted to. The hot chocolate is the best I've tasted, cannot fault the place

• Visited April 2014

Bishops Stortford, United Kingdom
“Just perfect”
Reviewed 16 April 2014

Lunch there for three and our dog today. Lovely freshly prepared baguettes, a fantastic French cheese board and a wonderful fresh omelette.
Such a wonderfu selection of patisserie delights to choose from for afterwards, that is was difficult to decide what to pick.
It was so pleasant to eat here and to enjoy a lovely break - I wouldn't change anything!

• Visited April 2014
Esher
“A piece of France in Dartmouth”
Reviewed 29 March 2014 via mobile

We popped in early on a Saturday morning. My wife, our 2 1/2 year old son and I. We were amazed at the fine quality of the patisserie with a fabulous selection of cakes, bread and chocolate. We enjoyed coffee, breakfast and purchase some items for take away. All the items were delicious and the maître Boulanger is doing some great stuff here. The staff were really welcoming, our son who has a tendency to get involved was welcomed and offered an apprenticeship when he's old enough! We'll be popping back before our visit is over to purchase a few more things to take back to London. Enjoy.

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Will never go back”
Reviewed 28 March 2014

Went in for lunch and had a panini which was ok , the ciabatta was very oily as it was heated , not a nice texture at all. Even though this was disappointing I was looking forward to picking up some cakes on the way out . I stood at the end of the glass counter thinking I'd be served there but I got glared at by the young boy who then made me walk to the other end of the counter and pretty much refused to acknowledge me until I did . I ordered a few cakes with no reply from the boy serving ..he just looked at me. Whilst getting my order he dropped the tongs he was using on the floor then carrying on picking the cakes out with them ! Just when you think it can't any worse he coughed and didn't even cover his mouth. I also got a dirty look when I asked for a different slice of cake . Who's the customer here ??!! It used to be nice , I think it's safe to say I'll never go back . One other suggestion ..staff presentation and some training on service wouldn't go a miss .

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Lovetoeat500
Saveurs-Dartmouth, Web co-ordinator at Saveurs, responded to this review, 7 April 2014
We are very sorry that you did not enjoy your visit. Your feedback has been noted as we aim to meet the needs of all customers.
“What a find... lovely. Great cheeses...”
Reviewed 22 March 2014 via mobile

Lovely place. Warm friendly welcome, excellent range of homemade patisseries, and a superb range of home cooked hot dishes and specials. Short walk from the ferry adjacent (nearly) to the old market place.

The cheese counter bowled us over, so for a light lunch (for that read ample portion, one serving was enough for both of us...) we indulged in the cheese board and two glasses of wine. Excellent, thoroughly recommended.

Visited March 2014
Thank you for your comments on the cheeses available at Saveurs... They can also be bought to take away and enjoy at home.