Royal Castle Hotel
US$221
Orbitz.com
US$123
  • Breakfast included
Leonards Cove Holiday Park(Dartmouth)(Great Value!)
US$26
Pitchup.com
  • Restaurant
US$359
1,118 results
All reviewsgalleon barthe grilla river view roomjacuzzi bathno liftcurry nightbar foodthe riverboat floatoverlooking the harbourflights of stairsfour poster bedsunday eveningpark your carfirst floorfirst classcrab
Reviewed 30 May 2014 via mobile

We popped in to the Royal Castle Hotel for a late afternoon drink following a wander around Dartmouth. Initially, we just wanted a place to sit whilst considering the options for our evening meal. Having spent some time looking through TripAdvisor reviews (and listening to comments from others dining in the lounge bar) we decided to stay.

I had the devon burger whilst my partner had the pie of the day (lamb with root veg served with plenty of summer vegetables- £12.95).

I have never heard my partner be so complimentary of a meal we have had (other than when I cook Sunday lunch!). The lamb pie was "divine" and the veg/new pots were cooked perfectly.

Neither of us are particularly fans of seafood but the Royal Castle Seafood Chowder looked delicious and seemed to be a popular choice in the restaurant as did the sea bass which was the meal of choice for a table of 6 next to us (empty plates all round).

As for the service, the joyous Tamsyn looked after us as though we were locals so we ended up staying for a glass or two more.

Comfortable place to sit for a coffee, a pint or a dog biscuit depending on your preference (water bowl for dogs that are also made most welcome).

Would definitely recommend and would return without hesitation.

Bon appetite!!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BertieBunnett
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We visit Dartmouth regularly and each time this place never fails to deliver. Service in the lounge is faultless, the food and drink of a very high quality, with an ever changing menu sensibly priced. The atmosphere is always buzzy with plenty going on and food service is always prompt and efficient. The sports bar next door is equally as good for a more lively atmosphere!!

Reviewed 22 May 2014

I recently spent a long weekend at this great, nay, brilliant hotel in Dartmouth. Several pointers for those looking for accommodation: PRO: It's a a great hotel with great staff, a fabulous bar/restaurant and a superb location, with great rooms. CON: If you have any mobility problems forget it - this is an old building with lots of stairs, so don't bother. Parking is outside the hotel and they take your car from you, so don't expect to be door to car.
Honestly though, best hotel in Dartmouth.
Highly recommended.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 May 2014

Perfect location. Valet car parking is a good start. Efficient check in and early access to room a bonus. Rooms well furnished and very comfortable. Service in restaurant for breakfast a little hap-hazard but food when served very good. A little on the pricey side at £200+ per night.

Reviewed 14 May 2014

I and my wife have been staying here for many years. I didn't realise that a 13th episode of Fawlty Towers had been made until I read the recent review entitled 'shocking' from Louise C. I can only assume that Basil and Louise were on a busman's holiday, all the way from Fawlty Towers (Glen eagles) in nearby Torquay. What a load of rubbish, Nigel and his team are nothing short of brilliant, and any problems are sorted without delay. The management's response was spot on, and if anyone can find a better hotel in this part of the world, I'd like to know about it !

Room Tip: All rooms are good, river view are best, but more expensive.