“Very surprising little place”
Review of Station Restaurant

Station Restaurant
Ranked #62 of 99 Restaurants in Dartmouth
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Riverside Restaurant
Reviewed 26 March 2014

We visited Dartmouth recently to find everything closed except for this Restaurant, and I was extremely pleased with the place.
The food was good and very tasty, one had Lasagne, another the burger and myself the all day breakfast, served with chips which was a great side dish.
The staff friendly and helpful. Was disappointed that we had missed the Carvery but our fault for getting to Dartmouth so late in the day.
Prices were good, and would recommend it highly when visiting the area.....

Reviewed 5 March 2014

Called today for afternoon tea - it was the last choice as on a Wednesday @ this time of the year everything else appeared to be closed!!!
In all honesty the place is very dated - it really needs revitalising for the 21st Century - it has a great position & its lovely to sit there & watch the world go by on the river.
We had a cream tea to share - very ordinary - floury scone - ordinary jam - clotted cream was great!
In a nut shell with a little effort this place could be fantastic if only the owners realised its 2014.

Reviewed 5 March 2014

This was my second visit - last time about 5 years ago - looks much neater and cleaner since then. In those days it was waitress service but now you have to order and pay at the counter. Had a cream tea and it was ok - they warmed the scone which was a nice touch, the jam was average and the clotted cream was good, cheap tea bags I guess but I drank it weak so tolerable.
Yes it is dated but unique and puts you in the holiday mood. Go for the view if nothing else.

Reviewed 20 February 2014 via mobile

My partner and I am surprised and appalled at some of the rubbish we have read on here. Our visit today was delightful in every respect. The warmest, friendliest welcome.....we didn't have our kids with us today but, if we had, I'm sure they would have commented on how friendly everyone was. We ordered tea, a teacake and a cream tea. I'm fussy about my cream tea, I consider myself to be something of a connesieur. This one was perfect! Thank you. My partner said how lovely here tea cake was also. Tea is an easy beverage to make but difficult to make a really good one.....again, the tea was excellent. We'll be coming back next time.....such a great view, atmosphere and staff so, to the manager, thank you to your staff for making this weary traveller's rest stop such an enjoyable experience. Keep doing what you're doing!!!

1  Thank Ejis
stationcrew, Manager at Station Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to review us. We pride ourselves on good value for money and of course good quality. Hopefully see you again soon.

Reviewed 20 February 2014

We stopped here as we got off the ferry with a view to returning for a sit down lunch. We asked an older guy behind the bar if they were serving ice cream and got a grunt as a response - so we asked what flavours and were told to look on the list outside! The portion was not up to scratch and the whole place stank of fry ups. We found somewhere else for lunch

2  Thank Itinerantur17

Thank you for taking the time to review our establishment. We are sorry you did not enjoy your time with us. We have since spoken to our restaurant staff about the levels of service that we demand from them at all times, and can only apologise that your experience has not been up to our own high standards. We are more than happy to rectify any problems that arise and we prefer to do this at the time. Hopefully we'll see you again next time.